Guyger Convicted

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2019 03:30 pm
Amber Guyger convicted of murder for killing Botham Jean; watch the sentencing phase
The fired Dallas officer faces five to 99 years or life in prison as the punishment phase of her trial begins.
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/courts/2019/10/01/amber-guyger-convicted-of-murder-for-killing-botham-jean-watch-the-sentencing-phase/

engineer

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2019 06:46 am
@edgarblythe,
I'm amazed it took the jury five hours. You walk into someone's house, shoot them and then say "well I was scared". If that defense held, it's open season on everyone.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2019 06:51 am
@engineer,
The way it was handled in the local news had me wondering if the trial would be fair. It was, near as I can figure.
engineer

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2019 07:02 am
@edgarblythe,
It had a very racially diverse jury which was a good sign.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2019 03:53 pm
10 years. I would have held out for more.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2019 06:12 pm
The videos of her getting hugged and treated with sympathy seem out of character with this sort of crime and verdict. Now, I sort of expect her to be treated with privilege and out as soon as the law allows.
BillW

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2019 09:01 pm
@edgarblythe,
If I read it correctly, no parole. Also, I think the bug came from the Spain man's brother. Treated with privilege, for sure. They have special nails for cops.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2019 09:24 pm
@BillW,
There was a hug from the judge and, yesterday, the officer in the court was stroking her hair.
BillW

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2019 10:22 pm
@edgarblythe,
https://s.abcnews.com/images/US/guyger-hugging-abc-jt-191002_hpMain_4x3_992.jpg

This is the one I was thinking of. I also read in the article that she goes up for parole in 5 years - so I was wrong earlier.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/jury-deciding-sentence-police-officer-amber-guyger-wrong/story?id=66002182
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2019 10:56 pm
I saw a video of the hug you posted. I was just noting that there were lots of sympathies cast her way. I just believe few wanted her convicted, but they had to follow the law.
BillW

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2019 11:06 pm
@edgarblythe,
I think the evidence showed the culture from whence she came. I know a guy who is a cop - gotta be tough (for absolutely no reason, I call it show) and gotta be racist. He would say he isn't.

He told me something they would do when bored late at night is go down to a n...... district and screw around with some kids for fun and games. Ever since he became a cop I have preferred to not be around him.

Yes, I think all in all she was a sympathetic perpetrator.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2019 10:23 am
https://cdn.thegedsection.com/243267/uploads/814e0050-e730-11e9-8652-dd49e6aafd1c_800_420.png
BillW

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2019 12:46 pm
@edgarblythe,
The bailiff playing with her hair I kinda makes me a little query......

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjCIkBjyLc4vOvgJ1MGiANBW_LyTUwcZkj9xF1cS6UMRGFNUXh
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2019 06:26 pm
BOTHAM JEAN
NEIGHBOR WHO TESTIFIED SHOT DEAD
... Days After Guilty Verdict
https://www.tmz.com/2019/10/05/botham-jean-neighbor-eyewitness-testify-shot-dead-killed/?fbclid=IwAR0WNWwKjyy3ThJ8mlYItuDyigkMZjBxB2TOrmnCHPC1OgThEYhbav718m0
BillW

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2019 06:32 pm
@edgarblythe,
If it is a cop killing, they will never solve it. There are so many throw down weapons and a thousand unidentified cars. Just mark the case closed. Who's gonna honestly investigate?
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 Oct, 2019 01:57 pm
@BillW,
We have a pretty good police chief, but I don't think even he can resolve this one.
BillW

Reply Sun 6 Oct, 2019 02:08 pm
@edgarblythe,
I agree, unless its a gang thing and someone turns.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 7 Oct, 2019 09:47 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I saw a video of the hug you posted. I was just noting that there were lots of sympathies cast her way. I just believe few wanted her convicted, but they had to follow the law.

In all honestly - one expects to see a murderer...well look like a murderer/ a monster. Not what looks like a young lady. Obviously that is not fact as we have all seen other murderers and more often than not they just look like ordinary people. I think it is just tough to fathom for an average person as an average person does not think like a murderer.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 7 Oct, 2019 03:51 pm
@Linkat,
She was rather drab until her lawyer got her made up and dyed blonde.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2019 07:32 am
We are getting to the bottom of this. Repost from @leemerrittesq
・・・
The more I learn about the death of #JoshuaBrown the more upset I become. There was an attempt on Brown’s life in November of 2018. He was shot in the foot. Another friend was killed. A man was arrested for the incident and another suspect remained at-large. Josh was concerned that these people still meant him harm so when he was subpoenaed to testify against Amber Guyger he was conflicted. He wanted to do the right thing. Prosecutors told him he had information they needed to ensure a conviction. He, in turn, told prosecutors and the Court about the danger he felt was associated with him testifying in a public trial. Ultimately he decided that it was just too dangerous. He left the state and was in California on the day the trial began. In fact the day he was called to testify he was still in California. Prosecutors hounded him, threatening to issue a warrant for his arrest if he didn’t appear in court on Day 2 of the trial. So he got on a plane and came straight from the airport to the courthouse. I believe he met with the judge in her chambers (on the record) and reiterated his concern about testifying. That is why during his first public appearance in the trial the judge affirmed “you have already been sworn and are still under oath.” The court has mechanisms to limit the exposure of witnesses. They took steps to cut off cameras and instruct media not to report on an undercover cop that testified in Guyger’s trial. Why weren’t the same measures taken to protect Joshua Brown? Brown’s testimony was powerful but it was also duplicative. Nothing he testified to couldn’t have been brought in by other witnesses. (The rest of this was cut off at the bottom)

1. Forums
  2. » Guyger Convicted
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 01:31:08