Does one tip at a piercing place?

Linkat

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2019 11:19 am
Don't worry I am not getting any sort of weird piercing - but my daughter wants for her birthday to get her cartilage pieced. Since it is a little more than your basic ear lobe - I am not going to some kid's jewelry place, but to an actual piercing studio.

My older daughter had gone to them before when she had an issue with her ear piercing and said how great they were (not to mention they have great reviews).

In any case - I set up an appointment for her and I was wondering - do you tip? Like at a hair salon? And if so, what is a normal tip?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 271 • Replies: 7
No top replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2019 11:31 am
@Linkat,
Why not ask your older daughter.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2019 12:18 pm
@Linkat,
From a couple of knowledgeable sources, (1 piercer, 1 multi-layered and multi-tattooed), for standard work between 15 and 20%. A little more if they are extra nice (understanding pain levels and talking you through it).
Linkat

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2019 02:01 pm
@Sturgis,
thanks -- would you know if this include the price of the jewelry or just the cost of the piercing itself?
Sturgis

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2019 02:08 pm
@Linkat,
It's for the piercing only. An additional gratuity is given when a special item is created or if the piercing palace has to go to extra lengths to get an item. For example, if your daughter specifically asks for a gem of any other item not in stock.
Linkat

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2019 03:54 pm
@Sturgis,
Thanks - I am ill informed when it comes to piercings and tattoos
roger

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2019 04:35 pm
@Linkat,
Me too, for several reasons. I tip my waitress and barber. Percentage wise, I'm a very big tipper, though it doesn't come to a lot of money as I eat kind of cheap.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2019 11:22 am
Thanks - the piercing went well - and I tipped him very well (greater than 20%). They didn't have a breakdown for the piercing vs jewelry so I just tipped off the whole thing. He gave us a free "gem" upgrade as they forgot to tell me I also needed to bring her birth certificate in addition to the passport to prove I was her parent. I had to run back home and get it.

I figured with all the piercings he had -- he had to be good at it.

Was very thorough and concerned about proper care and cleanliness. Warned about not going to places that use a "gun". He said they do not sterilize guns; that they simply tend to wipe it off with alcohol.

And there are some strange areas you can get pierced (interesting pictures to say the least).
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Does one tip at a piercing place?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.78 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 06:20:08