Why men go bald

Reyn

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 08:28 am
Where did my hair go? Why men go baldhttp://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Video/050531/tdy_lauer_hair_050531.275w.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,818 • Replies: 4
No top replies

dragon49

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 08:34 am
I was under the impression that baldness was a gene carried on the X chromosome. So men who's mother's father was bald are at risk because there is no complement to the bald gene on the Y chromosome (father can give only one X gene and if he is bald it has to be the one carrying the baldness gene-then mom has two X's so sons can get either one-one with baldness one without). Women have to double X's with the bald gene which is why it is much less common. I thought I remembered that from genetics.

However, Mr. D is by choice bald (his hair grows some kinda crazy curly with a huge split in it). He looks akin to Mr. Clean from the commercials kinda. I find it seriously sexy! Much better than the comb over...just embrace the baldness!
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 09:30 am
Baldness is caused by banging one's head repeatedly against the bedstead.
I moved my naughties to the living room years ago, and I still have a good head of hair. It also entertains passing neighbours.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 05:32 pm
dragon49 wrote:
.... Much better than the comb over...just embrace the baldness!

I would agree! There's nothing worse than a bad comb-over, except for a toupee that looks like a living room rug.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 05:35 pm
Lord Ellpus wrote:
...It also entertains passing neighbours.

I would have thought that a personage such as yourself, would not actually have passing neighbors. Surely your estate must be at least a great distance from the road and behind a high fence! :wink:
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Why men go bald
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 12:17:13