Of All of the Nice Things Someone Could Say About You...

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 10:38 am
Emphatically agreeing with the above two posts. Noddy, you are reasonable, wise, and poetic. And funny.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 10:54 am
It weren't the cough that carried him off,
it were the coffin they carried him offin.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 12:24 pm
Sozobe, BorisKitten, Free Duck--

Thanks for the kind words, but I'm occasionally prone to error. This morning I not only flogged a dead horse, I dragged it out of the unlocked barn and threw it around the kitchen.

Men with Backs are not amenable to Sweet Reason.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 12:37 pm
Even reasonable people are known to miscalculate now and again, Noddy. It is your essence that is important, not your fleeting transgressions.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 01:12 pm
Ticomaya--

Thanks for the kind words.

UPS just came up the driveway with a box of ceramic magnets. By this time tomorrow all of life's loose ends are going to be bonded to the refrigerator door.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 11:06 pm
Joe Nation wrote this to me shortly after he moved to NYC. I kept the note. It was one of the nicest things anyone ever said about me, and I loved him dearly for saying it. Still do.

"You were wonderful to work with, just the right mixture of criticism, patience and praise. Can you be cloned?"

Smooches to Joe from his old editor, if he's listening.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 07:34 am
squinney wrote:
Of All of the Nice Things Someone Could Say About You... Which one would make you feel the best?

I don't know, but I can tell you the one that did make me feel best in recent months. It was said at the A2K meetup in London on May 1st, and oddly enough, it was: "Oh my gosh, Thomas, I'm so surprised you have a sense of humor!" Not quite sure what to make of this one, but for some reason it made me feel incredibly good.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 07:40 am
Well, that's very interesting Thomas, I, for one, certainly did not notice that you had much of a sense of humour. But then perhaps that's because I was only drinking tea.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 07:44 am
Probably, Dys. Laughing Now, is there anything nice I can say to you? I'd make something up, but it's so hard to come up with something plausible ...
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 07:45 am
You mean you didn't like my hat?
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 07:48 am
Well the hat was kind of nice I guess. It did throw some much-needed shadow on a hot day.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 08:00 am
One of the things that Mr Wolf says alot to me that just makes me all fuzzy:

"I love watching you interact with Bean. You are a great mom and she is turning into a wonderful little woman because of it."

He tells me this constantly and sneaks around corners to peek at us and watches us play. He has suck some pictures that way too.. ( grr) I hate pictures. ;-)
Because he watches us in ' secret' my insecurity doesnt kick in and make me think he is JUST saying that . I think he really means it . And that feels good.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/07/2024 at 06:24:40