Of All of the Nice Things Someone Could Say About You...

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2005 10:22 am
Which one would make you feel the best?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,526 • Replies: 31
No top replies

hingehead

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2005 09:06 pm
He had no regrets and died happy.

But seeing how I'm not a very serious dude.

'He was a god like being who transcended this plane of existence and became one with the universe experiencing each life's experiences, past present and future.'
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2005 09:09 pm
Unlike hingehead, I am going to assume that it would be during my lifetime. If I was dead, it wouldn't make be feel the best or any other way. :-)

He is honest, fair and faithful.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2005 09:13 pm
still thinking....
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2005 09:19 pm
I can tell you things that were recently said to me that made me feel really good....

~ a prof of early child psych told me she thought I'd make a wonderful teacher.

~ my sister told someone else how I read up on all sorts of topics and was a good source for medical and scientific news. (maybe that felt good because of family dynamics more than anything else).
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2005 09:20 pm
I do think you'd make a wonderful teacher. I'm not sure if you could stand it long-term, but for as long as you could stand it, I think you'd be great.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2005 09:26 pm
I'm worried about the standing it part myself.

What about you, Soz?
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2005 11:39 pm
Actually, when people say nice things about me when I'm alive it makes me feel a little weird and uncomfortable. I'd rather they acted nice to me than said nice things about me. I wonder what childhood trauma is at the root of that.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 01:03 am
A man (who does not know I am gay) saying to me "you make me wish I was a woman"

p.s. This happened to me last year at a party in New York Laughing
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 03:16 am
Laughing

...& then, prince, you said:
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 03:24 am
hingehead wrote:
Actually, when people say nice things about me when I'm alive it makes me feel a little weird and uncomfortable. I'd rather they acted nice to me than said nice things about me. I wonder what childhood trauma is at the root of that.

Yeah, agreed.
Or perhaps they could give you money or do something useful, rather than just TALK about you? Rolling Eyes :wink:
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 04:20 am
msolga wrote:
Laughing

...& then, prince, you said:

Nah, you are okay as is Laughing
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 10:00 am
The very best thing anyone could say about me, I think, would be something like... despite the fact that my childhood was a living hell, I managed to turn it into a way to help other people.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 10:05 am
"You are a very good Dad."
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 10:06 am
Yep, (well, mom), that's the first thing I thought of, too.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 10:12 am
Yep, I'll second that. My aunt, who I think the world of, once said that to me and I almost cried. It just made me feel really good, probably because I think so much of the way she raised her kids.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 10:25 am
My Son's long term girlfriend the other day....."You're the Dad I never had".(her Dad left home when she was six).

I think it was a compliment! But never having had a daughter, it made me all coochy. Now I know how Dads with daughters get wrapped around little fingers.

I hope they stay together.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 10:27 am
Right now I'd like to hear that I am not an unreasonable woman.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 10:27 am
You are an eminently reasonable woman. Probably among the most reasonable women (or men) I have ever met.
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 10:34 am
Gosh, Noddy, not only are you NOT unreasonable, you are exceedingly wise. I think you've helped more people on A2K than you can imagine!

And same for Sozobe! It's women like the 2 of you who have helped make A2K the caring, helping place it is today.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Of All of the Nice Things Someone Could Say About You...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.83 seconds on 10/07/2024 at 06:34:01