Best Friend Advice: Was I Wrong?

Reply Sat 14 Sep, 2019 05:04 pm
I would like to reach out to people (a 3rd party so to speak) about an issue I’m having with my Best Friend and see what others think of the situation.

I had purchased a sports car for my Best Friend at the beginning of this year....his dream car of all times to be exact. The one car he has wanted more then anything in the world. To this day I haven’t even gone for a ride in it with him, but that’s a separate issue.

The main issue is that there is a huge car show that he wants to bring the car to. He’d be one of less then 10 people to have this car....very rare and unique. Obviously words cannot describe how excited he is over this and for me being the one to put that smile on his face.

However we got into a huge fight because he told me he is not bringing me to this car show. Apparently there are a lot of parties at night after the actually show during the day and as I don’t drink or do the “party scene” as much as he does, I wouldn’t fit in with the rest of his friends.

Not only was I not invited with the rest of his friends, but he actually asked to use my car trailer to get the car down to the show......after telling me I wasn’t going. I was destroyed by all of this and got extremely upset. He said I was being an annoying “girl” by crying, that I didn’t need to do everything he does and that I didn’t need to control him all the time.

I even said I would just come to tow the car for him, spend the day at the show and then leave before the parties kicked in. But he said no to that as well because he didn’t want to explain to his other friends why some kid was towing his car down and then leaving.

I guess my questions to others are:

-Am I wrong to have assumed that since I bought him the car that would have been at least on the list to go if not the first?

-Am I wrong for getting so upset? Yes it is just a car show, but it’s the first one he’s taking the car to and I wanted to be there, not only to share the excitement and joy of the show, but seeing how happy I’ve made my Best Friend; the smile on his face having his dream car to show off.

-Am I being “controlling” for wanting to go with him just because I bought him the car?

Again, anyone’s opinion on this would be greatly appreciated. I’m so hurt over this and he’s got me thinking I did something wrong by wanted to go or ASSUMING I was going.

jespah

Reply Sat 14 Sep, 2019 07:11 pm
If someone spent six figures on me, I'd be a ton more grateful and gracious than this ingrate.

May I ask why you spent that kinda cabbage on him? Please don't tell me it was to try to get him to notice and love you.

That **** doesn't even work in the movies.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 14 Sep, 2019 10:21 pm
@Tahoelover2002,
That was a very expensive lesson. Nothing wrong with your "friendship,' but some people's true colors comes out too late. I give to charity, because none of my friends need the money. Also, it's been my policy, never loan any money to friend or family. Give it to them, if you can afford it. Money matters break up families and friendships. Also, my wife and I are on each other's bank accounts. When our son comes home next month for a visit, we're going to make him a signer too.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 16 Sep, 2019 07:22 am
I just can't get past that fact that you bought a rare sports car for your best friend.

If this is actually true - does the word "sucker" mean anything to you?

No one in their right mind buys a friend something with that much value.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Best Friend Advice: Was I Wrong?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 05:43:28