Today in the US 9-11 remembrance and Service

Linkat

Reply Wed 11 Sep, 2019 09:19 am
So in honor of remembering how I felt and how I saw others react immediately after the horror of WTC, pentagon and PA crash, I plan on being nice to my fellow humans. I am not in a position to volunteer today so instead I plan on being kind to everyone I touch.

I was supposed to fly on 9-11 however with all planes being grounded we did not and had to stay an extra night of "vacation". Not being home, we were out with the public and everyone was so kind to each other. Renting a car and driving the next day with another overnight stay, we again touched various strangers - everyone was so kind - so in honor of that I will be kind today.

Anyone volunteering or doing any sort of personal remembrance or service?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 370 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 11 Sep, 2019 10:01 am
@Linkat,
someone say something so I can say something nice about them - I feel the need
RABEL222

Reply Wed 11 Sep, 2019 01:53 pm
@Linkat,
I am sad to say when I went to the local coffee shop for my daily caffeine shot I saw some names going across the bottom of the screen I asked my companions if a plane had crashed. The reminded me it was 9/11. In defense of myself I dident know the date but never the less it bothered me to have forgotten such a horrendous event.
roger

Reply Wed 11 Sep, 2019 01:58 pm
@RABEL222,
Sounds like something I might do.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 11 Sep, 2019 02:52 pm
I know at first I was wrapped up in making sure my daughter had everything for her high school retreat - sleeping bag..check --- etc.

When I got home after I started seeing some items on it and I felt bad about being so wrapped up in minor things....

One reason I felt I could do one small thing and try to be nice - so do not worry it happens to all of us.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 11 Sep, 2019 03:17 pm
@Linkat,
I think it's a lovely idea Linkat. Most of recall vividly that awful day, and you're right, everyone seemed to be more helpful and engaged. If you can inspire one person to do something kind or thoughtful today, you've made the world a tiny bit better.
roger

Reply Wed 11 Sep, 2019 03:54 pm
@glitterbag,
Hey, I said something nice to Rabel.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 11 Sep, 2019 04:05 pm
@roger,
I know, and I'm very happy about that 🍪 here's a cookie
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2019 01:49 pm
@roger,
Was the cookie good Roger?
roger

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2019 02:29 pm
@RABEL222,
You don't got no idea how many cookies my computer got.

Neither do I.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 14 Sep, 2019 06:44 am
Quote:
A US mother says her newborn daughter is a "little miracle" after she was born on the anniversary of the 9/11 attacks at 9:11pm weighing 9lb 11oz.

Little Christina Brown came into the world at Methodist LeBonheur Hospital in Germantown, Tennessee.

"She is a new life amongst the devastation and destruction," said her mother Cametrione Moore-Brown.

Commemorations were held across the US to mark 18 years since the attack, on 11 September 2001.

Christina was born by Caesarean section and operating theatre staff were stunned when the baby's time of birth and weight were recorded.

"We heard the doctor announce the time of birth 9/11 and then when they weighed Christina, we heard gasps of astonishment when everyone realized Christina weighed 9/11, was born at 9:11 and on 9/11," said father Justin Brown.

"It was really exciting, especially to find some joy during a day of such tragedy."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49699494?intlink_from_url=https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world/us_and_canada&link_location=live-reporting-story
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Today in the US 9-11 remembrance and Service
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 09:39:32