Thumbnails in msn messenger

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 04:15 pm
I need to know how to capture a thumbnail image in msn messenger.A friend sent me a picture and it didnt down load but the image is in the chat window.Is there a way to get this image? Thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 921 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Executioner

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2005 09:00 am
Every image that is displayed on your computer while browsing, it is stored in temporary internet files.
So look for that image in the folder

C:\Documents and Settings\<<USERNAME>>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\

If it is not in that, look to find the temp folder that MSN messenger uses.
You'll surely get that image in it.
0 Replies

Blaid Nu

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 03:38 pm
Ok well thank you very much but heres the issue.Norton deletes those temp files once a week and I cant find any temp folder msn messenger uses.I know that a file is never truely deleted from the comp unless its wiped.How do I find this file to get it back? Unless of course theres a msn messenger temp folder that I cant find.Thanks again.
0 Replies

Executioner

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 12:03 am
If you have configured norton to wipe the temp internet files then it must have deleted the file by now.
So the only method left is try to open the chat window again with the image( if that is possible).

Then search your local windows directory( and the directory where u have installed ur messenger, if they are not the same) for all the images which have been modified in the last one day and also give a restriction on the size... like at most 10 k etc.
So u may find the image with the size of thumbnail view.
0 Replies