1

What's the purpose of making reaction videos and posting them online?

Reply Sun 8 Sep, 2019 07:55 pm
Hi. I am curious about this. There are a handful of people I know of on YouTube who are known for producing reaction videos; i.e., making videos of themselves reacting to other people's videos. I know there are reaction videos on other video hosting sites, but I haven't seen any yet, as of the time of the posting of this.

What is the purpose of that? Is that for fun and/or to get attention, or are people doing that to earn money?

Please help- thank you.

1  
Reply Mon 9 Sep, 2019 01:05 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Is that for fun and/or to get attention, or are people doing that to earn money?

Good grief. Fun being subjective to the video creator and her/his audience.

Yes to all three. Not that difficult to figure out. Money being driven by a minimum amount YouTube views and YouTube ad revenue if the video in question fits within the relative restrictions (language, fair use copyright, etc...) laid out by YouTube's policies.