Incredible inventions the gov't is hiding from you!

Reyn

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 10:50 pm
INCREDIBLE INVENTIONS THE GOVERNMENT IS HIDING FROM YOU!

Mind-reading machines . . . death rays . . . androids. All those things sound like the stuff of science fiction,but the truth is they've already been invented by government scientists!

at 10:25 on June 3, 2005, EST.
BETH GARDINER

Washington (AP) - Scores of such mind-bending inventions have been cooked up at secret government facilities nationwide, but they're being kept under wraps for national- security reasons, a leading science writer claims.

"If average citizens saw a fraction of the technology that exists today, it would blow their minds," declares D.C.-based Martin Claybee, who was granted unprecedented access to government labs by his scientist pals. Claybee says the primary excuse officials now use for keeping breakthroughs secret is that it gives us an edge in the war on terrorism.

"Part of what makes these devices so effective is that Al Qaeda has no idea we have them," he explains. "It's the same reason the Allies kept the invention of radar secret during World War II.

"But much of this stuff really doesn't need to be classified -- taxpayers have a right to know about it."

Some of the nifty inventions would make Luke Skywalker's jaw drop.

"An invisibility generator based on advances in quantum physics was developed in the late 1990s," Claybee reveals. "We used it with great effectiveness in Operation Iraqi Freedom to camouflage armored vehicles."

A "death ray" type laser capable of laying waste to entire cities sits mounted on a U.S. military satellite -- and has been in place since the Reagan administration, Claybee reveals.

Androids not only exist, they're being used by the CIA for intelligence gathering and assassinations.

"At least 60 are in the field right now," says Claybee. "Their primary role is to hunt down and liquidate terrorist leaders. To the untrained eye, they appear to be people, but they are robots with sensing capabilities and problem-solving abilities far superior to any human."

A mind-reading machine that translates thought waves into sentences that can be read on a computer monitor was finally perfected earlier this year.

"The device is being used by the National Security Agency to scan the United States 24 hours a day for 'red flag' terms such as 'bomb,' " Claybee claims.

A universal translator capable of interpreting animal speech has existed since 1993, but is being suppressed out of concerns that it might adversely affect the meat industry.

"Who'd slaughter a pig if you could hear it say, 'Please, don't hurt me,'?" Claybee asks.

Despite public declarations that cloning must be banned, government scientists created the first human clone in 2001. A total of 13 are now being raised in facilities nationwide -- including four duplicates of a beloved former president.

Incredibly, a functioning time machine was invented last year. "Currently you can only go about 90 seconds into the past, but researchers believe that will soon be extended to 10 minutes, Claybee says. "Eventually it will be possible to reverse bad foreign policy decisions without the public being any the wiser."

Chillingly, a Doomsday Device like the one in Dr. Strangelove is a reality. In fact, the U.S. has possessed a single bomb capable of destroying Earth since 1974, the science writer says.

A solar reactor has been built that can supply America with an unlimited supply of cheap energy. "Unfortunately, oil companies have a lot of pull in Washington -- it's in their interests to keep this deep-sixed," Claybee notes.

http://www.abc.net.au/programsales/image/inventions.jpg
Martin Claybee checking out a new invention.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,201 • Replies: 17
No top replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 04:14 am
Never mind the invention, where do I get some of those fish that he has hanging on his wall?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 04:18 am
Did this come from a science fiction source?
Rolling Eyes Laughing

Robots that you think are real people Laughing
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 04:38 am
That was kind of a robotic response. Hmmmm.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 05:15 am
I'd love to be able to go 90 seconds into the past right after a particularly great orgasm. Of course that's impossible because that would indicate there's such a thing as a not so great one, and we know that's not true.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 05:44 am
What I find most surprising - if not incredibel Laughing - is that exactly the same article run on Saturday January 10, 2004 in the online version of the Rumanian paper Curierul National.

Sily season starts earlier every year Laughing
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 05:54 am
Good detective work Walter!

This and other weird and wonderful things such as songs that will turn you gay, microbes found in Ted Kennedy's but and other breaking news can be found HERE
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 07:27 am
When will it be on TV. I like a good science fiction movie.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 07:53 am
Re: Incredible inventions the gov't is hiding from you!
Reyn wrote:
Incredibly, a functioning time machine was invented last year. "Currently you can only go about 90 seconds into the past, but researchers believe that will soon be extended to 10 minutes, notes.

I love this one every time it shows up, because a functioning time machines does exist, sort of, as long as it meets the following criteria
1) it exist on a lab bench in a major experimental physics lab (Berkley,
Princeton, Cambridge etc).
2) It is a subatomic particle
3) It obeys the rules of Quantum Mechanics
4) Its temporal peregrinations become evident only in the
mathematical calculations after the fact (but this is a time machine.)

Now all we have to do is scale it up.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 08:22 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
What I find most surprising - if not incredibel Laughing - is that exactly the same article run on Saturday January 10, 2004 in the online version of the Rumanian paper

See, they must have a working time machine then! :wink:

You guys are such a skeptical and cynical lot! You should believe everything you read...immediately!
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 08:24 am
Intrepid wrote:
This and other weird and wonderful things such as songs that will turn you gay, microbes found in Ted Kennedy's but and other breaking news can be found HERE

Yes, all the breaking and important stuff can be found there! People laugh and sneer, but proper credit isn't given to those hard-working and dedicated reporters!
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 09:11 am
Joe Nation wrote:
Never mind the invention, where do I get some of those fish that he has hanging on his wall?

Yeah, they're a nice touch, aren't they? See, even scientists like that "homey" touch in the shop.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 08:15 pm
Quote:
You guys are such a skeptical and cynical lot! You should believe everything you read...immediately!

You should change your ID then Laughing We have come to know what to expect ;-)
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 09:06 pm
Intrepid wrote:

Ha, just when you got it figured, I'll switch gears and leave you scratching your head wondering.....wondering... :wink: Laughing
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 09:08 pm
Intrepid wrote:

Well, never be said that I'm boring then.

But.....just when you got it figured, I'll switch gears and leave you scratching your head wondering.....wondering... :wink: Laughing
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 09:11 pm
Didn't I read that already Laughing
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 09:39 pm
It's that deja vu feeling?

Better to face the world with a smile and a laugh, than a frown and being down.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 07:14 pm
Let me see - if there was a device capable of 'reading thoughts' and another able to go back in time, then there would never be a terror attack. You would just tune in to the terrorists thoughts and send your past self a message to stop them.

And a device that will BLOW UP THE PLANET!! If the US had one why did they bother about building ICBMs for all those years? One phonecall to the Kremlin 'Stop it or we'll let off the big one' would have done the job.

Loony Tunes.....
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Incredible inventions the gov't is hiding from you!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 02:15:51