How much do you get paid to be an extra in a movie?

Linkat

Reply Thu 15 Aug, 2019 01:12 pm
They are filming a movie at my daughter's former high school next week. Even though she older than a teen, because she looks young, they choose her to be an extra when she sent in a "head shot." She is just excited at the opportunity to be an "actor" for a day or two.

Me, always thinking of the more important side - what do they get (she hasn't gotten all the details yet but should in the next day or so) paid? $50 or $100 a day - that is what I would expect something around minimum wage since she would just be hanging out as background.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 330 • Replies: 7
No top replies

blatham

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2019 04:32 am
@Linkat,
https://work.chron.com/salary-per-hour-movie-extra-22563.html
PUNKEY

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2019 06:00 am
Probably nothing, unless she speaks.
Linkat

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2019 07:28 am
@blatham,
Well hopefully she will get wet so her pay will increase - hey maybe they will do a scene with a food fight - with that added danger she might get paid a couple of hundred!
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2019 07:30 am
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:

Probably nothing, unless she speaks.

Actually extras get paid whether they speak or not - if you speak you get paid much more -

I do know sometimes that a filming is done and they post signs saying if you enter this area you may appear on film - those do not get paid.

But they specifically asked to send a picture and they were going to determine from there who they would take - so it is a little more than just maybe being in a scene you get some minor direction on what you are supposed to do.
Linkat

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2019 08:36 am
@Linkat,
Oh and they asked that she bring proof for her I-9 (? or whatever that form is) so she must be getting paid
jespah

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2019 08:46 am
@Linkat,
An I-9 is proof she's eligible to work in the US, either as a citizen or under a work visa.
Linkat

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2019 09:30 am
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

An I-9 is proof she's eligible to work in the US, either as a citizen or under a work visa.

Yeah that is it - I did get the name of it right then. Yeah having had two girls just getting jobs this summer I have become familiar with the items they need for proof of work. So it definitely sounds like she will be getting paid.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » How much do you get paid to be an extra in a movie?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 05:23:35