Do I call it quits based on lack of financial trust?

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 07:58 pm
Sometimes it feels so good being with my boyfriend of seven years who I know loves me and other times I wanna run away. I felt this way for a very long time and believe it’s because he makes me very uneasy from a financial standpoint. In particular, because he’s had money issues in the past I am very sensitive since he wants to move in with me.

He boasts that he is really responsible now in a very good place financially. I try to believe him I can’t get there. Here’s what I do know - he brings in almost $60,000 gross and his checking account can be as low as a hundred dollars until he gets money and then it could be up to $4000. He sets aside $200 a month in savings. I also know that he’s been using two credit cards telling me canceled the third one sometime ago but since last month he’s been using a third one and while he’s paying the others by the due date by paying the statement balance only he starting to rack up charges on the new credit card. Is this being fiscally responsible enough that I can trust him to share in the house bills as he has promised.?

The only other item that doesn’t feel right is he says that his friend is a paying about $500 to his second wife for household expenses and his ex sister-in-law doesn’t pay anything to her long-term boyfriend she lives with - is he saying this to make me feel bad about asking him for any money at all?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 225 • Replies: 2

View best answer, chosen by Financialanx
nacredambition
  Selected Answer

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 08:04 pm
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 08:36 pm
@Financialanx,
Most arguments and divorce are caused by financial problems. https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/insight-is-2020/201212/how-financial-problems-stress-cause-divorce I believe infidelity is another biggie.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Do I call it quits based on lack of financial trust?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 02:43:30