How can I find out who owns the streets here?

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 6 Aug, 2019 09:49 pm
@edgarblythe,
Tomball says we are out in Harris County, regardless of our zip code, and not their responsibility. Harris County says our neighborhood streets are not among the ones they serve.
Ragman

Reply Wed 7 Aug, 2019 08:40 am
@edgarblythe,
Someone is lying, don’t you think? Is the part of town in an Unincorporated category? Not that I understand that legality. It’s gotta fall under someone’s purvey. Is it a private road? I bet that the owner of property must know the real answer, not that you could squeeze that out of hiIs there know help at City Hall or Clerk of Court office?
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 7 Aug, 2019 09:22 am
@Ragman,
The man who bought out the original company that started the community insists he only holds some mortgages. But it was begun as a private enterprise, which is why government shuns it, I am certain. I haven't followed up on all the leads I got on this thread, because I haven't had time to go all in on it. Hopefully, sometime today_
InfraBlue

Reply Wed 7 Aug, 2019 10:08 am
@edgarblythe,
It sounds like the roads are private in your mobile home community. You all could organize and pay for the road repairs amongst yourselves.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 7 Aug, 2019 12:21 pm
@InfraBlue,
We got together and hired a pot hole repair company, which made it somewhat better. The cost of repaving the streets is astronomically high. I don't recall what we were quoted, but I was shocked.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 7 Aug, 2019 02:21 pm
The difficulty in many cases is nobody wants to take responsibility along with little nuances which make it hard to figure out which bureaucratic swamp is supposed to.

Case in point: a few blocks away, a corner building redid their sidewalks. (In many cases this happens at the city's demand, if not done, a lien can be placed against the owner). As part of the job, they were required to make curb-cuts as part of the ADA law. They did not. The finished product was summarily approved by some inspector.

A year later, the city (or an agency) tore up the street. They repaved. However, they also took out an asphalt incline, which I suppose was the reason for the sidewalks not getting the curb-cuts.

When I attempted to find out which bureaucratic swamp was responsible for fixing this, I was told it fell upon the DOT as that agency was responsible for fixing roads. The DOT, denied any wrongdoing or responsibility.

The curb is still inaccessible to those in wheelchairs or using certain other assistive devices.

I wish you luck.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 7 Aug, 2019 05:58 pm
@Sturgis,
Right at the mouth of our neighborhood is a patch of dirt to the side that they keep grading, regrading and adding all sorts of piping and stuff to, for retail space. It still has a for sale sign, but it's always seeing these improvements. The only way to get to it is on our street. I guess they will eventually put an inlet on the main thoroughfare. Been having to thread our way between big trucks to get in and out at times.

There is just the one exit but there is a cul de sac behind my property. I sometimes wish they would buy me out to open that.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 9 Aug, 2019 10:13 pm
Did you ever see the plat map?

If someone “buys you out” are they getting the land and the building on it?

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 9 Aug, 2019 10:19 pm
@PUNKEY,
Yep.
PUNKEY

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 05:53 am
@edgarblythe,
Then your deed should put all this to rest.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 05:53 am
@PUNKEY,
I have not found it on there.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/06/2024 at 10:09:19