Wore my husband's flip flops to the store

Linkat

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2019 06:53 am
So just within the same week I done two seemingly crazy things that indicate I might be losing my mind.

The other day, my rescue pup was hanging by the door a sure I needed to immediately get her outside. My husband's flip flops were near the back door so I slipped them on and her leash and took her out. Prior to that I was planning a quick run to the grocery store so upon coming back in, I washed my hands and grabbed my purse and keys and ran out to the store. When I came back in, I simply slipped off the flip flops and put everything away.

A while longer my husband was asking where his flip flops were (because of being near the back door previously he couldn't find them). I was near the side door at the time and spied them - I did not realize until then I had gone out in public wearing his flip flops.

Earlier in the week I had to run an errand first thing in the morning. I had not yet showered but it was a quick one so I just threw some shorts and a t-shirt on. Upon getting into the house on my return - I looked down at my shirt and realized I had it on backwards.

To be clear I am not a 5 year old child, but supposedly an adult in my 50s. Am I losing my mind?

And just to be perfectly clear - in neither case was any alcohol or drugs involved.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 338 • Replies: 6
No top replies

engineer

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2019 07:06 am
@Linkat,
A few months ago, I was in the middle of a tennis match when my teammate pointed out that my shirt was inside out. I was going to change it, but he was insistent that since we were winning it was lucky.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2019 12:02 pm
@Linkat,
You wild woman, you.
Linkat

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2019 01:09 pm
@roger,
Oh and another thing - I went to a concert this weekend - yes I am a wild woman... toward the last hour of the show - I feel really sick --- I look at my husband and say I gotta go - I run off couldn't make it to the bathroom and got sick in a trash can.

Ok I can't say NO alcohol was involved - I had a glass of wine -- actually a little less than a glass because I started to not feel great. Probably everyone is looking at me laughing that this "mom" is so drunk she is puking.

I caught a stomach bug from my husband that got sick several days ago - the timing was awesome.

Story of my life.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2019 02:48 pm
@Linkat,
Just one more reason for me to live alone. This way I don't grab someone else's footwear by mistake. bad enough grabbing the wrong partially filled shopping cart at the store.
Linkat

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2019 04:27 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

. bad enough grabbing the wrong partially filled shopping cart at the store.

Thats only bad if there stuff is all that healthy crap...it might be a nice surprise if you go home with lobster and ice cream.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2019 12:42 pm
Oh my gosh - I did this again yesterday. I was working from home - and my daughter texted me asking me if I could pick something up for her coach's birthday (if I had time). Well it was close to lunch time so I took the dogs out (again my husband's flip flops were near the door so I just used them). After taking them out in the yard, I came back in - and sent an email and IM'd so work would know I was running out for lunch.

I am in the store picking up the item and I look down and I have his flip flops on again.

I gotta stop doing that.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Wore my husband's flip flops to the store
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 07:20:41