What have you won?

sozobe

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2002 09:07 am
Good for you, M.A.!

('zat you?)
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2002 07:07 pm
Yeh, that's me, Sozobe, except that in real life I'm much more handsome than that. Old picture. (Just like that pic of you when you were Da Rivettah.) Laughing
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2002 07:12 pm
Most welcome, earthmother.....but you did win it fair and square! :wink:

Hubba, hubba MA!
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sun 10 Nov, 2002 02:37 am
Twenty bucks for the best potato salad and a union labor day pinic/
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Sun 10 Nov, 2002 07:22 pm
Hey, Joanne -- would you share the recipe ($20 bucks for potato salad means it must have been really, really good)?
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 11:36 am
Phoenix said:

"...OK- 2nd Prize in National Chiquita Banana Jingle Contest. I won $15- I must have been about 10 or 11. I thought it was so important that I made my folks put the prize letter in their safe deposit box...."

Phoenix
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy !!
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 11:45 am
My Mother's recipe for potato salad no measurements of course so these are guesses at the measurements but not the ingredients:

One potato for each expected guest boiled with skin on but peeled before chopping
One or more whole yellow onion (large) chopped finely
Boiled eggs one for every two potatos
Celery, one stalk for each potato
Pickle Lilly (sweet pickle relish) a couple of teaspoons or more
mayonaise a lot mixed with yellow mustard (color should be pale yellow)
Salt
Pepper
Parsley

Most important, it must set for at least 12 hours before serving.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 03:03 pm
jjorge- When I was a kid, stuff like that WAS important! Razz
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 03:14 pm
I win my share - just nothing staggeringly big!!
Football Pools 2 to 3 times a year
Powerball - not breaking even but I usually get $40-50 a year, almost had a biggie once also. (changed my numbers to take into account the kids birthdays)
I always win in Vegas at Black Jack
About every other year I win the big jackpot cash prize at the Company Xmas Party. (people are starting to think it's rigged, won 3 of 5 so far)
0 Replies

hebba

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 03:17 pm
I won my girlfriends affection so I consider myself a very lucky fellow.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 03:23 pm
A few years ago I won the local newspaper's contest for best story about a favorite meal. The prize was lunch with the restaurant critic - that was kind of fun except he was a masher.
0 Replies

Peace and Love

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 04:14 pm
Hi Piffka!! -- good to see you here!!

About 6 or 7 years ago, I won 2 tickets to the Eagles' "Hell Freezes Over" concert. I had to answer some trivia questions about the Eagles, after being the 10th caller to the radio station. It was an awesome concert and we had great seats, too.

Peace and Love
Sandra
Very Happy
0 Replies

mckenzie

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 04:28 pm
A Christmas party we attend raises money for the Christmas Cheer Board through a silent auction. The prizes are great and they usually sell about $2000 worth of tickets. The ultimate prize is a receipt for tax purposes of the money donated.

One year we spent about $50 on tickets. We kept winning and winning:

an Inuit soapstone carving done by an artist whose work I'd been admiring, donated by a local gallery (I'd seen smaller pieces of his priced at $450);
a framed watercolour donated by another gallery;
a limited edition print with a certificate for framing donated by another gallery;
another of the above;
a basket of items donated by the Zoological Society;
another of the above (hey, one for each kid);
a $150 gift certificate to one of our more pricey restaurants.

It was a few years ago. There were other items, but those are the ones I remember right now. We won almost everything we put tickets in for, except the receipt!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 04:33 pm
I won a dance contest once (with Sally McKeoghan as my partner), and got a 45 of the song Do You Believe in Magic?--Sally let me keep the record . . .

I also won tickets to a Buddy Guy concert once, by callin' a radio station--i gave them to a friend of mine, but he didn't have the sand to go to the station and lie, to tell them it was me, and i gave him the code word i had provided them. His date did it, she had hair shorter than mine, and got the tickets by goin' to the station, presenting herself as me and basically sayin': "Hey, you callin' me a liar?" when they questioned her right to the tix . . . heeheeheeheeheehee . . . ain't life grand ?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 05:12 pm
Addendum- I was at a luncheon a couple of days ago, and I got bored, so I left early. I gave my friend my door prize ticket.

Today she told me that right after I left, they called my name.
Ya know what I won. A free yoga lesson!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 06:15 pm
a gallon of 10-0-6 lotion is probably the funniest thing i ever won.

the best was a Taylor-made driver - my next door neighbour often asks if he can touch it.

I seem to do particularly well at golf-tournaments - drills, art prints, jewellry hmmmmmm i need to get out on the course next year
0 Replies

seibentage

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 08:51 pm
What have i won? Well latley about 3 weeks ago i won a drinking contest with my friends. For some odd reason i cant remember how many shots i took but i do remember what i took shots of. It was hot damn, and J.D. Well at least i think...Now that i think about it i can even remeber what i won. So i guess it realy does not count huh?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 08:57 pm
You must be Slappy's roommate seibentage Laughing

and welcome to a2k.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 09:06 pm
I remember this thread! Long time ago.

Won something since then -- 2 mountain bikes. Just gave one of 'em away *sob*. Good cause though, gave it to one of my husband's students who just moved here and doesn't have a car or a bike or any other way of getting around on his own OR any disposable income.

I liked the guest bike idea (ehBeth's, I think), but oh well.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 09:19 pm
Never saw this thread before.
I won a 'golden key' art award in high school and in art school, I won second place in a fashion design contest sponsored by Levi's (or maybe it was Lee Jeans???). First prize was a position with the company, I think, but second prize was having your design actually made for you. It was great. My outfit was very cute.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What have you won?
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/10/2024 at 06:42:59