What have you won?

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2002 11:14 pm
Over the years I've won a couple of bucks here and there in the lottery, plus a bracelet when I was in junior high (for most nearly approximating the passage of one minute) and a cross in confirmation class (for coming up with the most names for Jesus). Oh, and I also won a contest and got to speak to Troy Donahue on the phone and ask him my 10 questions. I think that's it.

How about you?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,314 • Replies: 42
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2002 06:21 am
OK- 2nd Prize in National Chiquita Banana Jingle Contest. I won $15- I must have been about 10 or 11. I thought it was so important that I made my folks put the prize letter in their safe deposit box.

Concentration. Won a gorgeous gold and diamond pin, washing machine, camera and $100- Sold the washing machine and the camera, when I discovered that the IRS considers retail value when taking it in as income.

State lottery- Twice I won about $80-
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2002 07:57 am
Me? Won? Surely you jest!

Well, I twice won a christmas hamper at a play - both times I was in the bar at interval and did not hear my number called out and missed out!

Do you think there is any sort of moral to that sad story?

My table usually gets first or second at fund raising quiz nights - that can be fun.

Phoenix - you are a real winner!
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2002 08:11 am
I came <holding fingers closely together> thiiiiiiiissssssss close to winning the ME state lottery once. I almost pooped my pants watching the numbers pop up. Of the 6 didgits I had the first 5. The last ball to pop up was ONE number off from my number! ARRRGH! I still won $1,000 out of it so I was happy but it could have been $3 or $4 million! I probably would have spent it foolishly anyway.

Other than that, I think I the only other thing I've ever "won" was a couple of goldfish as a school fair when I was 7 or 8.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2002 09:28 am
My first year in college, I won a set of the top ten albums of 1978. Can't recall what most of them are now. I gave a bunch of them to the library.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2002 10:42 am
Once upon a time, when I was living in a galaxy far, far from here, I won second prize in a Christmas drawing at what at that time was my local pub. The first prize would have been a half-gallon of top-shelf Scotch. My prize was a fifth of cheap American bar whisky.

(Excuse me, If it was American, it was whiskey, not whisky.)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2002 01:15 pm
Hmmm...

I won the t-shirt contest at my school. Twice! (The _design_.)

Nothin' else is coming to mind, though.

Phoenix wins the what have you won contest, I think. "The diamonds were distracting". Hmph! Very Happy
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2002 08:07 pm
Agreed that Phoenix has won the best thus far -- but maybe this should be about who won the worst????
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2002 09:52 pm
Associate of the month.....September 2001.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2002 11:20 pm
... A holy picture when I was in elementary school ...

... $25.00 gift certificate a few years ago ...

... that's it ... I wouldn't win an argument Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

earthmother

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2002 12:13 am
NUTHIN
i've never won anything in my whole darn life! Sad
0 Replies

JerryR

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2002 11:24 am
I won $6000.00 in the local daily lottery ten years ago,..funny thing is that I had given the clerk my number verbally, and didn't notice that he had gotten it wrong, it was that wrong number that won!

Whoo-hooo!!!!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2002 03:43 pm
Awwww earthmother!

I declare you winner of the cutie-pie of the day award! (This is a highly coveted award as it's named in honor of our bandylu.)
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2002 08:27 pm
Gee, Rae, now I have an award named after me, too? I'm overwhelmed and slightly Embarrassed
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2002 08:34 pm
Hey, I calls'em as I sees'em..... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2002 08:34 pm
I won the Barbara Benbonaventure Biology Award ($50) in my senior year of college. I coulda bumped it up to $65 if I coulda pronounced it Laughing
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2002 08:36 pm
Too funny, Swimpy!

Not meaning funny that you won the award, of course.....
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2002 08:46 pm
Great, Swimpy -- I love it!
0 Replies

earthmother

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2002 03:57 am
THANKS RAE
thanks rae! that was sweet of you. Laughing
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2002 09:00 am
I actually won first prize in a magazine short story writing contest once upon a time. That was back in 1958, I was 19 years old. It was the McFadden Men's Group Short Story Contest. Prize was $500 (big money back then) and the story was published in Saga magazine (now defunct lo these many years). I don't even have a copy of the magazine any more.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What have you won?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 08:05:23