finding a new job and unemployment

Reply Sat 27 Jul, 2019 05:35 pm
I am currently on unemployment, but my start back date is August 14 or 15th.
I found a new job that starts on August 19th. Company said they would wait until the 16th to hire me if necessary so I wouldn't lose any unemployment.

If I notify my current company that I am not coming back, do I lose these next couple weeks of unemployment?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 293 • Replies: 4

roger

Reply Sat 27 Jul, 2019 10:19 pm
@justmeintheUSA,
I'm not sure why you have a 'current company' and are collecting unemployment compensation. Maybe you could provide more detail.
PUNKEY

Reply Sun 28 Jul, 2019 06:02 am
If you quit, then you lose your unemployment.

Complete your cycle, return to work, then give notice that you are leaving if you are sure of this new job.

Right now all you have is a promise of this other job.
justmeintheUSA

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2020 12:51 pm
@roger,
school bus driver. so in the summertime we get unemployment. occasionally we get asked to take a charter during the summer, so I haven't QUIT, but will not be starting back the school year with them since my new job with another bus company will start on the 16th of August.

( Actually, this original post is 2 years old, but THIS is what happened)
0 Replies

justmeintheUSA

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2020 12:52 pm
@PUNKEY,
by the way, it wasn't a "promise" of another job. School bus drivers are hard to find... Every location needs more. I was sure it would be a sure thing......... and it was/is.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » finding a new job and unemployment
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 07:15:01