Facts about Science and GMOs
- Most reputable scientific institutions (NAS, NIH, etc.) support the idea that GM foods are as "safe as their non GM counterparts" (as stated by the NIH).
- Most scientists agree that GM foods should be tested and regulated for safety before public use (this is what the initial article you posted said).
- As reported by Pew, most scientists (89%) support the general statement "GM Foods are safe". In comparison 88% of scientists say that global climate change is "mostly caused by human activity".
- There have been some studies showing specific harm caused by specific GM organisms. The NIH states that there is no evidence of harm to human health by any currently available GM crops.
- There is at least one study showing specific harm caused by a specific GM organism on the growth of fungus in the soil.
I would ask if you would either "agree" or "disagree" with each of these statements. The more we can agree on, the better.
I agree with the conclusion of your initial article. They are saying that GM food should be tested and regulated. This is my subjective political opinion in addition to being backed by the scientific facts.
If you can provide your list of facts, I will respond in kind and we can see where we are...