Dershowitz's defense is his offense

blatham

Reply Fri 26 Jul, 2019 04:06 pm
@cicerone imposter,
The Politico piece is very good indeed. Thank you for posting it.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 26 Jul, 2019 04:26 pm
@farmerman,
I first ran into Scalia in my high school years when he was a regular member of a PBS discussion group run out of (I think) the U of Chicago. I loved the guy's smarts and humor. But I think that at some point, he locked into a political ideology (perhaps largely as a consequence of his Catholoicism) which gave us Bush 2 and much more. I suspect he would have effectively "supported" Trump (in the manner of Dershowitz) more eagerly than he'd have supported Francis. And that would be, to use the legal terminology, fucked up.

Edit: might have watched this series on CBC. And it was at Columbia University, not Chicago.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 26 Jul, 2019 05:08 pm
@blatham,
Here's another one on Dershowitz that should question his character. https://thinkprogress.org/alan-dershowitz-diverse-jury-hurts-trump-761eb0188efa/ The diverse racial makeup of any jury represents this country. Dershowitz's bigotry has no place in our legal system.
blatham

Reply Fri 26 Jul, 2019 06:44 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
While Dershowitz has defended Bannon, he has been extremely critical of the Black Lives Matter movement, which campaigns against systematic violence against African Americans. Dershowitz has complained that the Black Lives Movement has focused too much attention on the unequal treatment of African Americans and has not called for due process for white police officers.

That's a tad downside up. Still, someone has to look out for we white people before we're all slaughtered by the world's colored people.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 26 Jul, 2019 08:48 pm
@blatham,
Yeah, "poor" (not financial) whites living with discrimination all their lives. How sad.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sun 4 Aug, 2019 03:51 am
Alan Dershowitz, Devil’s Advocate

The noted lawyer’s long, controversial career—and the accusations against him.

It's not a flattering portrait.
blatham

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2019 07:10 pm
@hightor,
Just got around to reading that NYer piece. Such a jerk.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 04:55:12