Example of Trump's grammar

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2019 03:28 pm
Trump responded in this way:

"I didn't wait long. I didn't wait long. I didn't wait long. I wanted to make sure, unlike most politicians, that what I said was correct. Not make a quick statement. The statement I made on Saturday, the first statement, was a fine statement. But you don't make statements that direct unless you know the fact. It takes a little while to get the facts. You still don't know the facts. And it's a very, very important process to me. And it's a very important statement. So I don't want to go quickly and just make a statement for the sake of making a political statement. I want to know the facts —
"If you go back to my ... in fact, I brought it. I brought it."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 409 • Replies: 18
No top replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2019 04:41 pm
@cicerone imposter,
He loves the sound of his own voice so much he can't bring himself to shut up. Garbage in, garbage out.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2019 06:01 pm
@glitterbag,
The biggest problem Trump has is his tendency to grade his own work. He doesn't understand how grading works.
Quote:
The statement I made on Saturday, the first statement, was a fine statement.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2019 06:06 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

The biggest problem Trump has is his tendency to grade his own work. He doesn't understand how grading works.
Quote:
The statement I made on Saturday, the first statement, was a fine statement.

And yet Trump is has been stunningly effective, and not just with his new political career.

OOPS!
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2019 07:13 pm
@hawkeye10,
If you believe Trump is successful, you’re not keeping up with the news. Political scientists declared Trump, “worst president in history.”
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2019 07:15 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

If you believe Trump is successful, you’re not keeping up with the news. Political scientists declared Trump, “worst president in history.”

The expert class lies constantly, usually for really bad reasons.

Wise Up!
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2019 07:22 pm
Those who fail to sufficiently look after their education have no choice but to follow what so-called experts and other power tells them is reality. Having too few who got themselves educated is how we got to this current situation where credentials are substituted for expertise in the field, it how how we got to power telling such extensive lies to the masses as we have now. I was one of the last born to get taught to be skeptical of the claims of power, to learn threough years of toil how to be able to evaluate for myself....and wise enough to be willing to put in the work.

Which is a huge part of why the West is dying, which looks at this point to be terminal. Unmitigated corruption combined with hubris always go to the same place, history is very clear on this....and so to Hell we shall likely go.
roger

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2019 07:27 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Now, wait! Isn't "political scientist" a contradiction in terms?
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2019 07:44 pm
@roger,
You have a point there, but I'm not the labeler.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2019 07:46 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

You have a point there, but I'm not the labeler.

Says the guy who idolizes experts, the ones who constantly lie to him...and who apparently never figured out the lay of the land.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2019 07:50 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Says the guy who idolizes experts, the ones who constantly lie to him...and who apparently never figured out the lay of the land.
. Show me where I have ever idolized experts? What I said was, opinions are true unless there is evidence it is not. It doesn't matter who spoke the words. Okay, hawk, I won't wait for the names of my idolized experts.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2019 07:56 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Quote:
. Show me where I have ever idolized experts? What I said was, opinions are true unless there is evidence it is not. It doesn't matter who spoke the words. Okay, hawk, I won't wait for the names of my idolized experts.

What kind of BS is that! Opinions are true if they correctly reflect the true nature of the Universe, which is why education is so importantly, because getting educated is by definition coming into a more true understanding of the Universe. Now in these moronic times where far to few can be found who are willing to put in the work people simply look for a credential, which in these very corrupt times often means not much, in fact increasingly a credential is evidence of a warped and corrupted mind, because in corrupt times credentials go to the people who support power, because power hands out the credentials and they dont want anyone messing with their power, truth and fairness be damned.

Which is a big reason why Trump and the rest of the Global Rebellion against the Elite is here, kicking so many asses.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2019 08:10 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
hawkeye quote:...which is why education is so importantly, ...
Proves your education is lacking.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2019 08:11 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Quote:
hawkeye quote:...which is why education is so importantly, ...
proves your education is lacking.

I cant respond to a thought fragment....that this is what you serve up indicates that you are not willing to meet me in good faith, because I know that you are capable of much better..... or at least that you used to be.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2019 08:13 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
I cant respond to a thought fragment....that this is what you serve up indicates that you are not willing to meet me in good faith.
You proved my point again.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 20 Jul, 2019 11:20 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Those who fail to sufficiently look after their education have no choice but to follow what so-called experts..
That's not what education is about. It's about learning skills, and to know how to determine what works in our careers. We have to have enough skills by ourselves to do the jobs offered to us. I majored in Accounting and minored in Philosophy. I made a pretty good living by learning the subject, and applying it to my work. I was promoted to Audit Manager at Florsheim Shoe Company. It was the premier shoe company in the United States back then. I also did small business consulting in Silicon Valley, and made a pretty good living with it, and was able to travel the world (132 countries) and retired early. And believe what I was able to accomplish was plenty enough for me. I didn't need to satisfy anyone but myself and my family. Whatever skills I had were not based on "outside experts." I learned them through study and personal experience. I worked in management positions and consulting for over 80% of my working career. I believe that speaks for itself. BTW, most people probably never heard of the "bamboo ceiling." It's about the difficulty of Asians getting promoted to top management positions no matter how well they do in school or work. It's still common today, but I was one of the "lucky ones" who never suffered from it. Definition of bamboo ceiling:
bamboo ceiling. A figurative discriminatory barrier in the workplace that impedes the career progress of Asians and people of Asian descent, preventing them from reaching top leadership positions in a company. Also, if you look at what race earns the most income in this country, it's the Asians, not Whites. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_groups_in_the_United_States_by_household_income I've been retired since 1998, but my retirement income is higher than most people actively working full time. This is our investment return for the year through today: Investment returns +$108,239.43 My college education was a huge factor in the success of my living standard. It had to do with my Accounting degree, but also my studies in Macroeconomics and Microeconomics. That's the reason I don't listen to investment pundits who recommends increasing one's bond holdings as one gets older. That's a foolish notion when our's and the world economy are doing well. The fear mongers who continue to predict the next Great Recession doesn't know what they are talking about. Nobody can predict the economic future; it's not science. They are guesstimates by everybody. I hate to call it "educated," because that would be an oxymoron.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 20 Jul, 2019 10:11 pm
@cicerone imposter,
This is what I found on Trump’s statement posted above. It has 125 words, 17 two syllable words, and 4 three syllable words. Definitely college level grammar - it is not.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 20 Jul, 2019 10:15 pm
@hawkeye10,
“True nature of the universe” is an on-going search. There are still many mysteries that have not been solved; many are still theories that continues to be improved.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 21 Jul, 2019 12:17 am
For many years, we've voted for politicians who "talk pretty" but then don't do what they promise. I guess people wanted to try something else.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Example of Trump's grammar
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 07:16:38