Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2019 06:41 am
@cicerone imposter,
Are you a racist, Cic?

Not my issue, just curious.

Mark...
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2019 09:51 am
@mark noble,
Having experienced discrimination in this country, I'm very sensitive about this subject. The white government put us Japanese Americans into concentration camps during WWII without being charged with any crime. They ignored the US Constitution to practice their racism. German and Italian Americans were not treated the same; it was pure racism. I still remember a white man telling me to "go back to your own country" when I was a young teen. I'm third generation American. Bigotry is total ignorance; most of us are descendants of immigrants. Also, the 442nd Infantry Battalion made up of Japanese Americans, many from concentration camps, were the most decorated unit in our country's history.
Quote:
The Medal of Honor, the country's highest military honor, has been awarded to twenty-one Japanese American soldiers—all members of either the 100th Infantry Battalion or the 442nd Regimental Combat Team—for actions during World War II. Only one of these was awarded contemporaneously.
Congressional Medal of Honor recipients |
encyclopedia.densho.org/Congressional_Medal_of_Honor_recipients/
. Racism towards us lasted until about the late 1950's. I volunteered into the US Air Force and was assigned to work with nukes in the Strategic Air Command. I never saw another Asian working in my specialty during the four years I served in the Air Force. Irony: The US used atomic bomb on Hiroshima, my ancestral home in 1945. I was working with nukes in 1955.
mark noble

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2019 09:57 am
@cicerone imposter,
So - Are you a racist, Cic?

namaste
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2019 10:15 am
@mark noble,
mark, Are you a racist? I believe so. Otherwise, you're just ignorant.
mark noble

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2019 11:00 am
@cicerone imposter,
So - Are you a racist, Cic?

Yes or No?

namaste
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » The GOP's support of racism in this country continues
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 07:23:53