Hollywood is mis-casting roles for no other reason than to piss off normal people

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2019 04:00 pm
Report: 'Captain Marvel' star Lashana Lynch will play 007 in new James Bond film

After years of uproar over who would take over Daniel Craig’s role as James Bond, reports of a new 007 are surfacing.

According to the Daily Mail, British star Lashana Lynch is tackling the the iconic role in the 25th edition of the beloved spy franchise, which has called everyone from Sean Connery and Pierce Brosnan to Roger Moore and Timothy Dalton its lead.

But reports say that while Lynch will snag 007’s famed code name, according to the New York Post, she’s not technically the new Bond. Instead, she’ll play a new character who takes over Bond’s secret agent number after he leaves MI6.

Lynch, a West London native, rose to stardom as the fighter pilot Maria Rambeau in Captain Marvel. She has been spotted filming the new version of the film in Italy and the United Kingdom.

According to the story, Daniel Craig will reprise his role as James Bond. However, in a “pivotal scene,” he’ll be called back from retirement and introduced to Lynch as the new 007.

“It’s a popcorn-dropping moment. Bond is still Bond but he’s been replaced as 007 by this stunning woman,” the source told the Daily Mail.

Rumors that actor Idris Elba would become the new James Bond have gotten serious traction in recent years. Earlier this summer, Elba spoke out about the uproar some fans expressed when rumors of his taking on the role hit headlines. In a Vanity Fair cover story, Elba called the controversy, which was based on his race, “disheartening.”

“You just get disheartened when you get people from a generational point of view going, ‘It can’t be.’ And it really turns out to be the color of my skin,” said Elba, 46. “And then if I get it and it didn’t work, or it did work, would it be because of the color of my skin? That’s a difficult position to put myself into when I don’t need to.”

In 2018, Morning Consult and the Hollywood Reporter conducted a survey asking 2,201 U.S. adults how they would feel about the fictional spy shifting demographics. The data revealed that 49 percent of American adults supported the idea of a black actor playing Bond. When asked if Elba should play the character, 36 percent of men and 43 percent of women surveyed said yes.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/report-captain-marvel-star-lashana-lynch-will-play-007-in-new-james-bond-film/ar-AAEjDCM?ocid=spartandhp&fbclid=IwAR3h0LWbkoa18p5nfD3VQ3lnzPu3QOjvcyfC3T8H3U-wKoWwIRp0rG_MPnU

FreedomEyeLove

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2019 04:01 pm
There will be a black, lesbian Batman eventually.

And if you don't like that, you're a bigot.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2019 04:16 pm
Hollywood has gone down the same immoral and idiotic path as the education system and journalism....they decided that manipulating people into following them to Utopia is more important than doing their jobs.

Things are going to get very ugly for America.

Performance actually matters.
0 Replies

longly

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2019 09:01 pm
I have no problem with a black actor playing a white character provided he can play it in white face so to speak. Once a character is established in a story line he or she should not be changed. Continuity of the story is important to believability. I didn’t like it when Tom Cruse played Jack Reacher; Cruse is just not tall enough to play Reacher. But I have to admit he did a pretty good job anyway. John Wayne played Genghis Khan once but he played the role as Mongolian. A black actor who plays a white role should wear enough makeup to appear white.
ekename

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2019 10:30 pm
Who can forget David Niven's debonair insouciance and killer machismo aged 56 when he played Bond and his characterisation of an elderly man who had won the Victoria Cross at the Siege of Mafeking, had a daughter by his lover, the spy Mata Hari, played Claude Debussy on the piano, ate royal jelly and cultivated black roses.

Sigh.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portrayal_of_James_Bond_in_film

0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2019 10:33 pm
Of the stuff that Hollywood has made over my lifetime a depressingly large portion could not be made today because of the moralists and the self appointed censors....the BUS DRIVERS TO UTOPIA.

We are deep into this Dark Age!
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Mon 15 Jul, 2019 04:31 am
@longly,
longly wrote:
A black actor who plays a white role should wear enough makeup to appear white.

Please explain why that would happen.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 15 Jul, 2019 04:41 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

longly wrote:
A black actor who plays a white role should wear enough makeup to appear white.

Please explain why that would happen.

Please explain why the academy and RottenTomatos cares more about who is speaking rather than the quality of what is getting said.

OOPS!

The destruction of this civilization was done on purpose, and U R REALLY going to hate what comes nxt.

OOPs!

EDIT: I am REALLY TOASTED, I do not suffer in spite of my obvious heresy...mostly because I am bright enough to know what women want, and also bright enough to supply it...regardless of what power tells me that they should want or get .......WOMIN'S get what they want says me! ...THE END!
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 15 Jul, 2019 05:01 am
@hawkeye10,
The secret to my success in part.....Zen is all about the awakening to the true order of the universe,,,the sooner we figure it out the better, and for the fuckers who refuse to learn I do not regret the pain that is on your way, because you have EARNED it!
0 Replies

longly

Reply Mon 15 Jul, 2019 09:11 am
@neptuneblue,
"Please explain why that would happen. "

I am not saying it would happen I am saying it could happen. If John Wayne could play a Mongolian why couldn’t a black actor play a white character if he could appear white? There are some black actor that if they appeared white or at least Caucasian could play a convincing Jack Reacher.
Sturgis

Reply Mon 15 Jul, 2019 12:30 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
She is going to portray a character number. She is not going to be James Bond or Jamie Bond or Lana Bond. Probably not a Bond at all.

I was more bothered when persons other than Connery and Moore were allowed to pretend that they were somehow the legendary Mr.Bond. The movies with Brosnan and Craig didn't even claim to be remakes.

I refused to see the Brosnan and Craig versions. The new film with Lynch should be interesting.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Mon 15 Jul, 2019 07:22 pm
@longly,
There is now a woman Dr. Who.

So, there's that.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Tue 16 Jul, 2019 08:46 am
@FreedomEyeLove,
What are 'Normal' people, please?

Take care - You ARE online.

Cheers!
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 16 Jul, 2019 09:00 am
@FreedomEyeLove,
Don't you have better things to worry about? It is entertainment.

- I liked lady Ghostbusters. It was well written, made me laugh and was entertaining.

- I hated black Karate Kid. It totally missed the feeling of the original, was bland and poorly acted.

- I have mixed feelings about Nurse Who. The writing mostly sucked, although the first season had its moments.

All I ask of my entertainment is that it be entertaining (and I appreciate subversive entertainment no matter which side is doing the subverting).

If make stuff I want to see, I will pay my money to go see it. If they don't, then I will send my money elsewhere. It's no skin off my back what other people pay to see.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Hollywood is mis-casting roles for no other reason than to piss off normal people
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 06:42:47