can ya help?

ceme87

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 06:48 pm
i was looking for a digital camera online and i came about to a website which sells them for less but im afraid because ive never hear of it and im afraid that its a scamming website.
tell me if u ever heard of it. out of topic...
which camera best?

www.bestchoicedigital.com
respond. thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 822 • Replies: 3
No top replies

bermbits

Reply Mon 30 May, 2005 07:13 pm
I would be careful. I found the following complaints online:

George of Victorville CA (4/6/05):
I placed an order online for a Canon digital camera on 4/6/05, in the morning. The internet sales price was $20.00+ less than anyone else advertising on the web. I received a call that afternoon from customer service. The very friendly fellow said the camera I ordered was the "international" version and didn't have a warranty. He said it would take a couple months to supply that one but did have a U.S. version with warranty and could ship immediately. It was stated that that version cost was $80.00 more but lower than anyone else selling a U.S. version. "Anywhere on the web, if the price is listed below $449.00 is the International version".

I told the guy that there was no mention of international version on the website for that camera. He said they have two listings for that camera to cover both versions. I ordered from the wrong one. I cancelled the order at which time the guy #%**$#%$ me out and hung up on me. I checked the website using their own search engine and didn't find two versions of that camera and no mention of an international version. I called the company back to hear a recording saying they monitor all calls for training purposes. Very professional. I explained what happened and could hear a boilerroom in the background. I was told my order had been cancelled. I sent an additional e-mail cancelling my order. My concern now is that company has my credit card info.

Sergiu of Walden NY (12/26/04):
This website lists digital cameras for MUCH less than competitors so that they beat them on websites like nextag.com which compares prices at different online merchants. Once you go to the website, the item is listed as "in stock" however it's not really the item since they also have a "US version" which is actually the one they are selling for much more.

Moreover, I had called them in regards to 3 different cameras (3 different times!) all appearing for less than the competition and all supposedly "in stock". On the phone they told me they are not in stock. It seems they're running a gimmick to get people to come to their website because of much lower prices. In reality they don't even have most of the cameras in stock and if they did you would have to purchase the "US version" which is the actual retail package for just as much or more than the competition.

Luckily I called to check the availability 3 different times for 3 different cameras. Otherwise I would have "bought" a not-in-stock camera for a christmas gift and who knows how long I would have been waiting.

Me again - the address listed on their website has a suite #, which might just be a postal drop.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 30 May, 2005 07:32 pm
Look for the word "graymarket" anywhere in their discription.

Graymarket refers to the difference between US and European goods. A lot of cameras for sale on the internet are graymarket cameras.

To be honest though, I don't know what the difference between the two are other than no warantee and perhaps an user's manual being in a foreign language.
0 Replies

ceme87

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 05:07 pm
hey
cus i found a sony camer 7.2 mp and at other stores it was 380.88 and over and i was at another website it was 288 dollars.
0 Replies