Garage Lighting

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2019 05:48 am
Since I get to rebuild my garage to my specifications I have been looking at new lighting. I have a 2 car garage, 20'x20', about a 12 ft ceiling, with a 16 ft door. Looking at putting in two 4' 4 or 6-lamp fluorescent fixtures on each side of the center chain, towards the outside tracks and towards the entrance, and two 4' 2 or 4-lamp fixtures across the width behind the door opener. Do I need the 6 lamps? Or just go 4 all the way around? 35 watt or higher? 5000K or 6500? I'm tired of crappy diffused yellow light from a 4' 2-lamp garage light and want to be able to see. My old eyes aren't helping things.

engineer

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2019 06:14 am
@Elebrylve,
One four foot LED light bar puts out a lot of light in my garage. I had the same issue with crappy light and older eyes. I have great florescent lighting (2 six foot, four bulb fixtures) but the garage door opener just had the single bulb. I replaced the bulb with a plug in four foot work bench light bar and wired it to the garage door opener and the light is great.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Garage Lighting
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/10/2024 at 06:26:13