Help With A Marketing Project

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 02:53 pm
It's my senior year, we have 2 days left, and my flippin teacher decides to smack us with this project of making up a fake business....the project has several different parts to it, like making a budget, a pamphlet, a marketing package, ect. but what I need help on is this
The girls and I decided to make a shoe company.....
and we're supposed to have information on the supply and demand for our products.....I can't find any information regarding this, so anyone who knows where I could find anything related to this, PLEASE HELP! Thanks ever so much!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 908 • Replies: 6
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 04:35 pm
This might be a good place to start: http://www.inc.com/magazine/20010315/22256.html

This article is about guys who sell shoes online but it has a lot of info about the shoe biz.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 04:46 pm
Here's a site that walks you through a business plan. Or so it seems. I didn't read the whole thing.

You might try a google search for "business plans" and "business models" along with other descriptors. That's how I found these two.

And, by the way, your teacher is a jerk, springing something like this on you two days before graduation.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 05:35 pm
Pssst! Hey, RockChk. Want to bet teach has already turned in the grades and is just trying to keep your little minds occupied the last two days?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 05:38 pm
Good point, roger.

But in such cases, what happens if you ignore the assignment? Can it make any difference.

And if that is the case, why didn't the teacher give them something a wee bit easier?
0 Replies

RockChk419

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 07:15 pm
This is the teacher from hell
Oh, we already considered the opportunity that this was just busy work, and guess what? The project is worth 100 points and will without a doubt count on the final grade for the class, honestly this teacher is the teacher from hell, and I wouldn't do it, except I need the points because the final was killer and I'm not sure if I did so hot on it. Oh, and of couse the people in my group aren't going to do jack squat, so I will end up doing the whole thing. Thanks so much for the helpful links!!!!! This end of the year stuff is so frustrating!!!!
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 07:50 pm
Ooops. I forgot to post the second link. Here it is: http://www.soyouwanna.com/site/syws/bizplan/bizplan2.html

Good luck RockChk!
0 Replies