Trump just gave legitimacy to Kim Jong Un, the killer, on the world stage

Reply Sun 30 Jun, 2019 01:14 pm
Wide grins and historic handshake for Trump, Kim at DMZ
AP - 7 hours ago
PANMUNJOM, Korea (AP) — With wide grins and a historic handshake, President Donald Trump and North Korea's Kim Jong Un met at the heavily fortified Demilitarized Zone on Sunday and agreed to...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 435 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 30 Jun, 2019 01:55 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
...and agreed to...

Agreed to what? To shopping in Tokyo? vacation in Hanoi? Trip the light fantastic on the sidewalks of New York?

Curious, I had to follow your missing link (web link, not a relative of Trump).
Here it is (you're welcome).

www.al.com/news/2019/06/trump-shakes-hands-with-kim-at-dmz-says-great-honor-to-stand-in-north-korea.html

Not surprised by Trump doing this. He's searching desperately for something positive to be remembered for. A nuclear deal is right up his alley.

Trump and his pals will herald this publicity stunt. On the other side of things, Kim Jong Un will have a truly celebratory dinner and night as he is the clear victor in this round.
coldjoint

Reply Sun 30 Jun, 2019 08:25 pm
@Sturgis,
Quote:
He's searching desperately for something positive to be remembered for.

Too late, beating Killary is hands down the most positive thing that ever happened to this country.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 30 Jun, 2019 08:27 pm
@cicerone imposter,
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/revealed-kim-jong-uns-top-5688931
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2019 05:54 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Trump just gave legitimacy to Kim Jong Un, the killer, on the world stage

Would you prefer a nuclear war?
maxdancona

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2019 10:27 pm
@oralloy,
I prefer the way that worked.

We should have continued isolating North Korea until they were willing to make concessions in return for this recognition. Kim Jun Un is playing Trump. Trump basically fellated him for free.
oralloy

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2019 10:58 pm
@maxdancona,
That wasn't working though.

Perhaps Mr. Trump's approach will fail just as badly. But when the current policy isn't working, it's generally a good idea to try something new.

Maybe we'll end up in a nuclear war no matter what we do.

Mr. Trump is going to fit our ICBMs with new more-powerful warheads (455kt and still light enough to MIRV), so we'll be well equipped for that eventuality as well.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2019 11:23 pm
@oralloy,
The fear is that Trump's plan will fail worse.
oralloy

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2019 11:28 pm
@maxdancona,
The previous plan was failing completely. I don't see how anything can fail even worse than complete failure.

It seems to me like the worst that could happen would be a failure on par with the previous plan's complete failure.

The best news here is the new warheads. I've been wanting them to be built for the past 25 years. The Air Force is finally going to get them it looks like.

If we have to have a nuclear war, we'll at least be able to ensure the extermination of the enemy.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2019 08:24 am
@cicerone imposter,
Kim jon un, Trump, Putin, Assad - My kinda people.
No likey - Go vanish.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Trump just gave legitimacy to Kim Jong Un, the killer, on the world stage
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 10:18:06