What do you suck at?

Monger

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 02:40 pm
I truly, deeply, harshly suck at:

Cooking. I did manage to create oatmeal-goo-paste once, though.

Whistling.

Singing. It's not that I'm tone deaf, I just have terrible ear-throat coordination. (I particularily suck at yodelling!)

Tap dancing. *sob* Smile

Being goth. I have such lofty ambitions, but stopping to mock yourself too often kind of ruins the whole image.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 5,102 • Replies: 83
No top replies

JerryR

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 02:46 pm
Hmmm,...

I can think of some:

I'm with ya on singing,..couldn't sing my way out of a paper bag.

Painting with watercolors,..I'll just never get it.

Staying mad at people,..even when I should.

Saying "No", (this has been a good and bad thing)
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 02:46 pm
Tennis. It's not pretty.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 03:03 pm
Hmmmm - so many sucks, so little time - ok, well, techie stuff (booooring) -(though I can program my VCR), sport (booooooring), anything to do with flour, paper-work, paper-work, PAPER-WORK, sewing, diplomacy, flower-arranging....I will think of more....
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 03:26 pm
I suck at finding things I suck at. Kiddin'

I suck at singing and dancing (I can tap dance though so phooey on you!).
0 Replies

maxsdadeo

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 03:32 pm
Nothing.

Except modesty.

Oh, and resisting temptation.

And fixing broken things, I guess.

Oh, and I am not very tolerant of stupid people (to be distinguished from ignorant people)...

I'll have to think more about this.....
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 03:34 pm
Math- When my brain was wired, there was a cold solder joint on the part that controls mathematical ability.

Spatial perception- To me, an 12X20 room looks the same as a 10X18.
I have compensated for that though. I once read somewhere that when you are driving between two big trucks, don't look at the sides. Watch for the hole! It works!

Patience- I am getting better at it as I get older. I think quickly, and do things quickly. I tend to become very annoyed with people who take FOREVER to make a decision.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 04:52 pm
I am awful at expressing my emotions.
I am terrible about getting my dog walked every day.
I really suck at staying calm while driving in the city.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 04:54 pm
First of all with cleaning, then in dealing with any soft stuff (mainly cloth), then with packing.
0 Replies

edithdoll

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 05:44 pm
I lack in math ability as well (although virtual knock on wood haven't bounced a check).

I think this is why I didn't have the aptitude to learn play the piano and read music, I could just never get it, despite years of lessons.

Also really bad with tech stuff, that had an impact with my pursing the electronic journalism career (as far as TV production went, I could never grasp video editing myself).

Bowling, I'm just not good at it, although it's usually years between tries. Add playing pool to that, although I was okay at it as a kid, and would like to learn again.

As a kid I could ice skate fine and my mom said I always got up if I fell. I also roller skated as a kid, but then in Jr. High we had periods of ice skating via gym class in the local rink, and it was a nightmare for me. Sadly I haven't attempted ice or any kind of skating since.

Then there's playing sports in general and I'm from a huge sports town. I'm really bad at baseball, softball and volleyball, anything with hitting and/or something projectiling toward you, etc. Basketball isn't great either, although in high school one of the teachers/coaches taught me to shoot, but I'm awful at blocking, getting around people, etc. -- My only redemption in this area was two years of field hockey in high school, were I ran, blocked and hit my heart out for a varsity letter, but that was about it. And I'll never be back there in that shape again. P.S. We were the worst team, and never won a game. They cut us the year after I graduated.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 06:00 pm
Flying.

I suck at flying.

Last time I jumped from 4 stories in an attempt to fly, I broke both my ankles.

Thankfully, I've matured since then, and realized my stupidity.

Thing's you'll do when you're 24, I tell ya.

I also found out the hard way that I'm not to keen on juggling 4 kitchen knives.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 06:30 pm
well my guitar playing sucks big time. Eric Clapton is safe.

In fact I can suck at any thing i don't wanna do, as well.

I also suck when I smoke, but you're sposed too. so that's a positive suck/ life is sucking confusing at times
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 07:00 pm
barbequing - i suck at it. well, actually, i'm afraid of it. either way, i'm lousy at it.

i suck at putting laundry away. i'm excellent at doing laundry, and love that part of it. but putting things away after they're folded and carried upstairs? i suck at that.

i suck at not seeing the funny side of things. sometimes it would be better if i couldn't see the other side of something dreadfully serious.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 07:03 pm
I'm great at math; I can do all sorts of mental manipulations of numbers in my head but I suck at artistic creativity. I've bought art supplies, laid them all out but have never been able to do anything.
Monger...goth you say? I've a couple of those working for me, including the lead singer in a group called Bella Morte, an east coast U.S. band led by a guy named Andy.
He's a talented dude, and although I'm at least 30, nay 40, years too old to be a goth, I do find that genre of music intriguing.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 09:24 pm
Total opposite of realjohnboy. I suck at math. Lost my way with the introduction of decimals in the third grade and muddled thru the rest of it. Algebra, to me, may as well had been Latin or Greek.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 09:28 pm
Colors. I'm not color blind, but Mrs. Sea.Poet wants to sew those littel Garaninmals tags on my clothes so at least I don't clash. That's why, when on my own, I wear khaki and/or jeans.

Office politics. Suck-city.
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 09:45 pm
No one has ever heard me sing and no one ever will.

It used to take me 10-12 beers to get on a dance floor. Now it would take 20. I'm a worse dancer than Elaine, with or without the brewski.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 09:48 pm
Heh!

I suck at knowing when to butt out.

I suck at cooking without a recipe. I can put one cup of this and 3 tablespoons of that in just fine, but give me a pan and raw ingredients with no guidance and I'm stymied.

I suck at letting other people's opinions of me roll off my back.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 11:06 pm
I suck at some math. I'm a good cook, but I suck at making fudge most of the time, although I get a good batch here and there. I suck at trying not to be afraid of spiders. I can go on and on, but I think I've said enough ;-)
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 11:30 pm
Singing
Dancing
Cooking
Cleaning
Shopping
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What do you suck at?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 06:15:54