Anyone try these before

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 10:21 am
I was wondering if anyone has anything to say about sites like these I have never tried to get anything from them, but obviously would love free stuff hahahaha anyone, anyone? http://www.kingfreebie.com/

im not endorsing or part of this site or anything like that just want some answers!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 722 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 10:28 am
Personally, i always follow the dictum, if it seems to be too good to be true, it probably is.

If you decide to attempt any of those "freebies," i suggest you set up a "dump" e-mail account first--one which you only use for promotional responses, and one which you never use for personal purposes.
0 Replies

abe froman

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 10:30 am
yeah good advice, but im more worried about the fact that they ask for your home address, obviously for shipping your "free" stuff bt who knows what else that's why i asked if anyone tried it cause i dont want all kinds of crap coming to my house hahahahah
0 Replies

Maximos1984

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 08:55 am
I'll try it!
Amm I never did it before but i'll tell ya what! i'll try it and let ya know deal? Shocked Razz Razz
0 Replies

opensource

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 11:30 pm
It's been my experience that most of those "freebie" sites are data collectors.. they ask you a million questions, send you clicking through a million pages (all the while loading your browser cache with tracking cookies) and when you finally reach the last page you are notified that in order to receive your free gift, you must purchace a subscription to some magizine or something. It is at this point that it is too late... you've entered your e-mail address and shoe size half a dozen times, and before you can hit the home button, your mail box is full of ads for products such as "enlarge your penis in 12 minutes"..
If you want free stuff ( software and the like ) use bittorrent or something like that.
0 Replies