Are ugly men welcome in Nursing?

clif

Sat 22 Jun, 2019 02:38 pm
I know that question may sound offensive, but studies have confirmed that unsightly people are discriminated against in every field, but I imagine this is especially true for any field that has a lot of contact with people. I imagine this is also especially true for an ugly man entering a female dominated field, other men are less likely to judge me by my appearance than females. Men are already seen by some to be dangerous potential sexual assailants until proven otherwise that applies 10x to unsightly men. I don't want to go into this field if I am just going to make everyone uncomfortable.
I am on the pre-nursing track, it was my dream for a long time, but just because I want it doesn't mean it wants me. Should I just accept reality and go for computer science?
I apologize for the pitiful tone this might have, I just don't want to make a bad choice
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 811 • Replies: 9
Topic Closed
No top replies

maxdancona

Sat 22 Jun, 2019 03:03 pm
@clif,
I don't know what the hell you are talking about. There are no ugly men in computer science!

I think you should stick with nursing.
0 Replies

mark noble

Sun 23 Jun, 2019 07:14 am
@clif,
Ugly people have low self-esteem - They care more about what other people think than what each moment has to share.
There is no such thing as an Aesthetically-challenged person.

Ugliness only resides WITHIN ugly people.
It is an INTERNAL state - Not an External one.

And it is happy to project itself onto others' susceptibilities - Misery adores itself and cheerfully beckons all to share.

You're as much at fault - If you label 'beauty' as external - YOU SET THE SCALES.

One cannot BE without its opposite:)

clif

Sun 23 Jun, 2019 01:15 pm
@mark noble,
That's false. Beauty bias is a well-studied phenomenon that influences everyone. There are studies that prove the 'ugly' people are less likely to be hired with the same qualifications, more likely to receive harsher prison sentences for the same crimes committed by beautiful people, they've shown that babies prefer beautiful faces (proving beauty bias is innate, not cultural), there are even studies that have shown ugly children are loved less by their parents.
roger

Sun 23 Jun, 2019 01:27 pm
@clif,
Yeah, but ugly people were born ugly. They grew up ugly, and their personalities were formed by being treat as ugly people.
0 Replies

mark noble

Fri 28 Jun, 2019 08:05 am
@clif,
None of what I stated is false.
Ugliness tends to itself (ONLY).

Ugliness is NOT perceived by the 'Source', 'Non-Ego'.
EGO is UGLINESS - And is relative to ego-frequency, Not 'physical' characteristics.

Be ye thy Jeckyll, by all means
Be ye thy Hyde, if not so
Be ye the Speck'll
Between each, resides
Doth divide ye thee spoils
With the Soul
0 Replies

Linkat

Fri 28 Jun, 2019 09:22 am
@clif,
My brother is a nurse; he is actually a supervisor or some such thing so he does interview and hire nurses - I have met lots of nurses - there are some butt ugly male and female nurses.

There is a large need for qualified nurses - my brother would hire the best nurse due to their qualifications over their looks. Why would he? Because it is better for the hospital, the patients and for him as their supervisor.
Linkat

Fri 28 Jun, 2019 09:27 am
@Linkat,
But don't take my word for it - go to a hospital and see for yourself - are these nurses all attractive?

And one thing I wanted to add - there can be a lot of physical work around being a nurse -- so yes they actually like males as they tend to be stronger.
0 Replies

hightor

Mon 25 May, 2020 05:36 am
Ugly men aren't welcome anywhere, but as nurses we can at least wear masks.
0 Replies

kuriisenbo

Mon 25 May, 2020 12:00 pm
It all depends how you understand the concept of ugliness. In many cases, what is ugly for you may not be ugly for me. Frankly speaking, the majority of people who work in the medical industry don’t boast with pleasant and beautiful appearances. Due to a lot of work and permanent studying, the physical beauty comes in the second rank. In fact, medicine doesn’t need beautiful people, but smart brains.
0 Replies