The Song Reader... is there such a thing?

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 09:44 pm
Hey guys. I haven't read the book "The Song Reader" but it's about a girl who analyzes songs that people can't get out of their heads and it reveals their inner most thoughts. Does anyone know if this is a real thing or just a fictional thing?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 595 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 05:22 am
I haven't read the book, but the concept makes some sense. People relate to certain songs, because it has some special meaning for them. I would expect that if someone has a particular song that keeps running around in his head, that there is a psychological reason for it. I have never heard of anyone actually analyzing that phenomenon.
0 Replies

Vicki G

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 07:48 am
It is an interesting concept isn't it? I know that certain songs have stuck in my head at different times, depending on how often I heard it on the radio, and what music I was playing on my stereo-and that certainly changed with whatever was going on in my life. It's a little like memorizing poetry or scripture verses, or even movie dialog. Different passages come to mind to fit various situations. The Song Reader is in my TBR pile, I'm looking forward to reading it!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 07:50 am
No one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public.

-- H L Mencken

To which i would add, nor the credulity thereof.
0 Replies