Trump is trying to take credit for the low unemployment rates

Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2019 10:10 pm
However, unemployment started to drop since 2010, before Trump took office. Trump can fool some of the people, some of the time, but not all the people, all the time.
Quote:
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, unemployment percentages for blacks, Hispanics, and Asians have been noticeably decreasing since 2010 and continue to do so.
We all need to do a fact check on whatever Donald Trump claims. Here's the latest one's on Trump's polls. https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2019/06/17/trump-campaign-internal-polling-jake-tapper-monologue-lead-vpx.cnn On Trump's lies: https://www.nrdc.org/trump-lies
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 526 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2019 10:41 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I've pointed this out to a few people. They refuse to believe the evidence which is right in front of them.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Tue 18 Jun, 2019 06:11 am
@cicerone imposter,
Yes, Trump inherited a good economy, but he's been in office for two and a half years now. At some point you have to say his administration gets some credit for at least not rocking the boat too much. My thumb rule is that the economy is a battleship that takes one to one and a half years to turn. I didn't credit Clinton for the upturn when he took office, I didn't blame GW Bush for the downturn when he came into office and I didn't blame Obama for the crash he inherited. That said, we're far enough into the current administration that you can't reasonably say this is an Obama economy.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 18 Jun, 2019 09:04 am
@engineer,
I believe trying to give credit for the economy to one president is a mistake. All the economies of the world are tied together is many respects. The feds play with interest rates and the circulation of currency. Not many presidents or economists understand the issues of what makes an economy tick. There is no way to forecast future economic activity. At least, that's what I learned in college. Many financial pundits have been threatening a recession for the past four or five years, if not longer. There is no tool to measure future economic activity, because everything is in flux. Even past GDP numbers are revised, and that's after the fact. The stock markets works as much on fear as future economic prospects. https://www.marketwatch.com/story/why-neither-trump-nor-clinton-can-save-the-economy-2016-06-20http://blog.artifexfinancial.com/recession-fears. "Let’s think for a moment about what determines economic growth. In the short run, the economy is constrained by how much money people, businesses and government agencies are willing to spend (known as effective demand) and by the existing stock of things such as factories, offices, stores, roads, computers, workers, human capital, financial capital, institutions, markets, resources, and technology (known as the supply-side of the economy).

The president doesn’t control any of these variables."
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2019 02:59 pm
Trump takes credit for everything that is good. But doesn't claim any of the bad. A typical crooked politician.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2019 03:52 pm
He's such a narcissistic loser!

He doesn't even know what 'ally' means.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2019 05:53 pm
@Mame,
He's still stuck in 5th grade.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2019 06:02 pm
@Mame,
He doesn't seem to know who are enemies are, either.
Mame

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2019 07:11 pm
@roger,
i just won't believe if you guys elect him again... what he's done to the usa-canada relationship is unreal

i don't even want to put a toe in the usa anymore
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2019 09:55 pm
@Mame,
Trump is a temporary phenomenon. He's proven to be the most ignorant and disliked president in modern history. Even 200 political scientists labeled him "worst president in history." Psychiatrists piped in for the first time in history to warn congress of Trump's "mental instability." His vocabulary is that of a 5th grader which makes him popular with the uneducated. He tacked on unnecessary tariffs that created a trade war that increased cost for all consumers. Even the faculty and students wrote an open letter to Trump that he doesn't represent their university. Trump's downside is so enormous, I don't understand how he's able to keep his head up high. Most people would be embarrassed. He defines "narcissism" in the best way possible. He even lies about his populism. He's the only man in history who calls himself a "stable genius."
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2019 12:37 am
@Mame,
Part of what might unfortunately cause Trump to pull off another "win" (Electoral College win, not total votes win) would be poor campaigning by whichever Democrat receives the nomination. It was the downfall of Hillary , who failed to apply herself in a couple of key states.

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2019 11:17 am
@Sturgis,
Just another Trump lie:
Fact check: In 2020 debut, Trump exaggerates economic growth
By Calvin Woodward and Hope Yen Associated Press,Updated June 18, 2019, 10:21 p.m.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/06/19/rally-trump-lied-lot-about-economy-heres-whats-worrying-him/?utm_term=.f3016a054cac We have arrived in a new era in politics where a known racist, pathological liar, scammer, con, and wive's cheater wins the presidency of this country.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Trump is trying to take credit for the low unemployment rates
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/10/2024 at 06:35:04