Multiculturisim

maxdog

Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2019 12:21 am
Is it good for the local people to have foreigners coming to their country to stay ?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 682 • Replies: 39
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2019 04:32 am
@maxdog,
Of course it is. We don't live in feudal city states anymore.
maxdog

Reply Tue 18 Jun, 2019 09:00 pm
@jespah,
For an employer is very good that can have more options for wage rates and work conditions to change in his favor but not for the local employee that is a victim of lower wage and less good conditions.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2019 05:55 am
@maxdog,
maxdog wrote:

For an employer is very good that can have more options for wage rates and work conditions to change in his favor but not for the local employee that is a victim of lower wage and less good conditions.

Economics don't work this way. More people means more customers. If bakery #1 lowers its wages, then the workers will go work for bakery owner #2 who is going to be very happy because of all of the new customers he has.
maxdog

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2019 07:45 am
@maxdancona,
Can happen altghough im not sure about it . But house rent and selling price will go up for the minimum wage local person to pay.
engineer

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2019 08:10 am
@maxdog,
So your real issue is with the low minimum wage? The current minimum wage is not enough to buy food and housing?
mark noble

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2019 11:07 am
@maxdog,
The pro's and con's of multiculturism.

1. I live in an absolute-multiculturalised city.
2. Nobody cares about culture.
3. Everyone serves themselves.
4. The rest of the world doesn't matter.
maxdog

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2019 04:25 pm
@mark noble,
Yeah it s true they worked so that cultures and traditions become only history .
But the world is more interesting with those differences. I mean , if you go on holiday in africa and you find nothing but japanese people (for example), africa will be no more interesting to visit .
maxdancona

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2019 04:28 pm
@maxdog,
maxdog wrote:

Can happen altghough im not sure about it . But house rent and selling price will go up for the minimum wage local person to pay.

If you found out that immigrants work in construction, building houses, would that change your mind?

I don't know what any of this economic bullshit has to do with multiculturalism.
engineer

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2019 04:30 pm
@maxdog,
Why wouldn't Africa be interesting? Wouldn't it be interesting to learn how people of Japanese descent ended up in Africa?
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2019 04:32 pm
@maxdog,
I wonder if maxdog knows why there are White people in North America.
maxdog

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2019 07:14 pm
@maxdancona,
They say white people came from europe
maxdog

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2019 07:19 pm
@maxdancona,
But they are building houses to have where to stay .economy i think it have so much to do with multiculturisim ,it makes it better for some people .
engineer

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2019 07:22 pm
@maxdog,
New people coming into a community make that community grow, start new businesses, etc. Is your concern economic uncertainty? Are you concerned about your job?
maxdancona

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2019 07:31 pm
@maxdog,
maxdog wrote:

They say white people came from europe

Should they be sent back?

White people are taking up houses and driving up real estate costs.
maxdog

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2019 07:37 pm
@engineer,
I know places that the rent is more than the minimum wage .immagine to buy
0 Replies

maxdog

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2019 07:39 pm
@maxdancona,
Did i mention somewhere that they have to send someone back ? Im just asking what people think about those things
0 Replies

maxdog

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2019 08:27 pm
@engineer,
The problem i see is that the lower class local people can t afford the lowest rent anymore.it came after the economy grew .
engineer

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2019 06:39 am
@maxdog,
So your concern is not so much with immigrants or "multiculturalism" as it is with gentrification (affordable housing being taken over by a growing upper middle class) and low starting salaries?
mark noble

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2019 07:20 am
@maxdog,
Maybe africans would enjoy that absence of westernisation and its necessitiy to ... spread:)

1. Forums
  2. » Multiculturisim
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 08:31:03