An open forum to discuss A2K downvote abuse

FreedomEyeLove

Mon 17 Jun, 2019 06:00 am
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
I can understand what happened before, where multiple accounts down voted certain posts. But what you're saying isn't that, you're having a snowflake meltdown because someone doesn't like your posts.

No, I'm saying that because this site is run by leftists, and because there are more leftists here than normal people who aren't wierdos, they mob-vote people down out of spite. Coldjoint for example is constantly voted down so far that his posts become invisible.

Quote:
If you don't want to be down voted, quit posting inflammatory things.

What have I posted that's "inflammatory ", and according to who's definition? Show me an example. You are defining things that you personally don't like as "inflammatory" and saying those things should be silenced/censored. That's exactly the kind of attitude I'm talking about.
Region Philbis

Mon 17 Jun, 2019 06:24 am
@FreedomEyeLove,
Quote:
normal people who aren't wierdos
so you think you are a normal person... others might beg to differ...
FreedomEyeLove

Mon 17 Jun, 2019 06:42 am
@Region Philbis,
Quote:
so you think you are a normal person... others might beg to differ...

That was an "inflammatory "comment. Should you be censored for it?
Region Philbis

Mon 17 Jun, 2019 06:47 am
@FreedomEyeLove,

my point is that referring to "leftists" as weirdos is just as inflammatory...
FreedomEyeLove

Mon 17 Jun, 2019 06:52 am
@Region Philbis,
Quote:

my point is that referring to "leftists" as weirdos is just as inflammatory...

Why do they have to act so weird then? That's like walking around in a police uniform, and then when someone comes up asking for help, saying that thinking they're a police officer is inflammatory.

Example of a recent leftist article:
Women Aren’t The Only People Who Get Abortions

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/women-arent-the-only-people-who-get-abortions_n_5cf55540e4b0e346ce8286d3?utm_campaign=hp_fb_pages&utm_source=main_fb&utm_medium=facebook&ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063&section=politics&fbclid=IwAR0fzYKbkhrA9CAAkBznkcOzFx0tyE3Pte0JdT9mfhWdtd9JhabptYNGJ2o
Region Philbis

Mon 17 Jun, 2019 06:57 am
@FreedomEyeLove,

it is apparent that you are in need of a safe space.

if a2k isn't right for you, there are plenty of other forums out there...
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Mon 17 Jun, 2019 07:00 am
@FreedomEyeLove,
FreedomEyeLove wrote:
No, I'm saying that because this site is run by leftists, and because there are more leftists here than normal people who aren't wierdos, they mob-vote people down out of spite. Coldjoint for example is constantly voted down so far that his posts become invisible.

I've had some pretty intriguing conversations with CJ. And with Oralloy. Just not with you. Consider why that may be.

0 Replies

Linkat

Mon 17 Jun, 2019 11:13 am
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Who with any smarts gives a damn whether they are thumbed up or down? Certainly not me.

I look at getting lots of down votes as a badge of courage! It means you struck a cord in someone enough that they are spending so much energy into hitting a thumbsdown button.

It is useful though for hiding threads -making it easier for viewing purposes. But that would on threads not on when people are directing it to a response.
0 Replies

Real Music

Mon 17 Jun, 2019 12:59 pm
As I've already stated, I don't share your definition of downvote abuse.
The downvote feature exist on this site for a reason.
So, like many others I use the downvote feature the way it was designed to be used.
Yes, I will continue to use the downvote feature in the way it was designed to be used.
If you don't wish to use this feature, that is your choice.

Now, if you wish the downvote feature were removed or abolished, that would be an entirely different conversation.

I don't define using this feature the way it is designed and intended to be used as being abuse.

If you wish to discuss a desire of getting rid of the feature, then have that conversation.
Me, personally, I don't have any problem or issues with the downvote and upvote feature.
If it stayed exactly the way it is now is fine with me.
Or if the feature had some changes, that would be fine with me.

One other thing. I also use the upvote feature the way it was designed to be use.
0 Replies

mark noble

Wed 19 Jun, 2019 11:35 am
@FreedomEyeLove,
DOPAMINE is a predominant hormone.

likes, thumbs-up, acceptancy-driven ego-boosting stimulus.

MK-ultra social-programming derivitive
BIGGEST BUZZ for the weakest minds.

And you is all hook-line and sunk, dudes.

Seriously - Best bait EVER!
0 Replies

Setanta

Wed 19 Jun, 2019 06:52 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
Yeah, right, tell us again that you have not posted anything inflammatory. You crack me up, dude.
farmerman

Wed 19 Jun, 2019 06:57 pm
@Setanta,
Somebody kidnap all the Canajuns and Edgar?
Setanta

Wed 19 Jun, 2019 07:06 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
By the way, slick, I have the indisputable record for receiving the most down votes ever in a single thread. You, sir, are a piker.
Setanta

Wed 19 Jun, 2019 07:14 pm
@farmerman,
We ain't sure if we want to be seen with the bucolic low lifes around here. Especially as Tranna is now the home of the world champion hoops team.
Sturgis

Thu 20 Jun, 2019 01:02 am
More important things to do than get caught up in this thumb nonsense. I've been on both sides of the thumb, sometimes positive and sometimes negative. Doubt that the results are going to be chiseled on my tombstone or mentioned in my obituary.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Thu 20 Jun, 2019 08:19 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

By the way, slick, I have the indisputable record for receiving the most down votes ever in a single thread. You, sir, are a piker.

Is that with or without cheating? I believe we had a user with well over 400 down votes on a single post.
farmerman

Fri 21 Jun, 2019 05:32 pm
@McGentrix,
that was layman, and I was in and out of reading his post title and his downvote count could be seen rising like the second counter on a digital clock clock. I think he was doin it himself. I dont even know if thats possible.
0 Replies

farmerman

Fri 21 Jun, 2019 05:36 pm
@Setanta,
Where are most of the players from?
I never counted a hockey team winning the Stanley as representing the US. Back when the flyers were winners, besides being a very young person, all the players were from players north of the Border .
Ragman

Sat 22 Jun, 2019 08:19 am
@farmerman,
I recall back the late ‘60s and early ‘70s when Bobby Orr was on the Bruins there were a total of 2 US-ian’s in the NHL. After Frank “Zero” Brimsek retired around in 1950 there were no USA players until Tommy Williams started playing.

USA players, in fact, were down-voted.
0 Replies

Setanta

Sat 22 Jun, 2019 08:32 pm
@farmerman,
I could not say. However, five or six Canajun kids got selected in the NBA draft the other day. One of them is from Missisauga, which is in the greater Tranna area. He was the third player chosen.

With the NHL, although most players are Canajuns, there are Mercans, too, and lots of Ruddkies and other eastern Europeans. That stuff does not matter these days. The Raptors starting center all season is Spanish, as in he comes from Spain.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 01:33:16