Where's your Profile?

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 11:30 am
LarryBS, BTW, if you plan to do the flight to Mt Everest, pay by cash. It's a little cheaper than plastic. c.i.
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 02:37 am
Thanks c.i., I'm green with envy. What a site that must be. I've read about 30 books on climbing Everest and would love to see it. I'm one of the great armchair climbers. Laughing

I'm dying to go to Egypt. How much of the inside of the pyramids are you allowed to see? Are you left on your own to walk through certain areas, or do guides take you inside them?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 11:40 am
Yes, they allow tourists to go inside the pyramid, but with a guide. c.i.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 11:41 am
This thread is a great idea, which brings me right to

(I)
People - I love watching people, listening to them, asking questions, learning more about them.
Cats - Nisse and Mysan mainly, of course.
The English language - reading books, magazines, watching movies...

(S)
Workouts in the gym. I go swimming once a week. Rollerblading in summer.

(B)
I love to read - mainly novels. John D. McDonald, John Sandford, some Swedish authors. One of my favorite books is 'Time and again' by Jack Finney.

(HT)
France, Italy, Spain, UK, Sweden, Austria, Switzerland, Hungary, Minnesota, North Dakota, New York, Massachussets, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina

(WT)
I am reading a book about Australia at the moment - sounds very interesting!

(W)
Assistant to the HR director of a Swedish company working internationally. My boss and I work with our HR departments all over the world - Europe, Americas, Asia, Oceania.

(AE)
I live in a small town in southern Germany with my Swedish husband and two cats. I like it very much here but do not see myself spending all my life here. So our plan is to move to the US in a couple of years where we would like to run a nice bed and breakfast place.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 11:42 am
BTW, when you visit Luxor, don't miss King Tut's tomb, and whatever you do, go early to buy tickets for Queen Nefatari's (the best preserved in all of Egypt) tomb, because they are limited for each day. c.i.
'
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2003 04:28 am
Interests=(I), Sports=(S), Books=(B), Have Traveled=HT, Wish to Travel=WT, Work=(W) or Retired=(R), and Anything Else=(AE).

(I) - Books, movies, parties, music, shopping, clothes, friends...and some which I am too decent to mention here Wink
(S) - Cricket, football, tennis, pool and snooker and some which I am too decent to mention here Wink
(HT) - Too long a list, 36 countries
(WT) - Too long a list, but Australia and US deserve a mention (can u imagine I have never been the the US ???)
(W) - Work as a corporate banker - atleast it puts a roof on my head and food on my table
(AE) - Love chatting, love making new friends, love being with people but love my solitude as well and some things which I am too decent to mention here Wink
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2003 04:34 am
Thanks c.i.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2003 09:58 am
urs, I notices on your HT, you visited NC. Did you see Chimney Rock Park? If not, the next time you go, don't miss it. It is awesome, and they filmed the movie "Last of the Mohicans" there.
Any ideas where you might wish to open a B&B? I think that's a good idea for the future. When the baby-boomers begin to retire, they're going to need more leisure activity places, and B&B would be one of them. Smile c.i.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2003 09:59 am
urs, BTW, my nephew got married in NC, and the reception was held at the Biltmore Estate. Quite a classy place. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2003 10:01 am
Gautam, If I had to choose which states to visit on a trip to the US, the choices would be so overwhelming that I would probably just pick New York and San Francisco. Wink c.i. p.s. See you in a few days.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2003 12:37 pm
C.I., I went to the Biltmore Estate. It was very impressive. However, since I was there on business I didn't have a lot of time. We went to one very nice hotel, though, for dinner one night. Can't remember the name. It was right in the middle of forrest - or so it seemed to me.

The B&B - I would love Florida. I fell absolutely in love with St. Augustine - or maybe Flagler Beach. BigDice has been working in restaurants and bars for so long, he knows everything about it. And I'm pretty good at organizing stuff. Well, we will see :-)
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2003 07:15 pm
Its a nice place to visit . . .
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2003 08:35 pm
Interests: my fourteen year old son. Everything about his life interests me ~ he's a great kid. People interest me. One reason I've stayed in the hotel industry for most of my life.

Sports: college football ~ that's it. I am a huge University of Florida Gator fan. My sister is an alumni, so I am naturally included..... Rolling Eyes

Books: The authors who call my bookshelves home are.....Stephen King, Anne Rice, Patricia Cornwell, Stuart Woods, Jonathan Kellerman, Dean Koontz, Michael Crichton, John Grisham, James Patterson, John Sandford and many others.

Have traveled: born and raised in New York, have lived in Florida since 1978. Traveled to Ireland, every state on the east coast and close-by, Tennessee, Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio, Missouri, Kansas, Colorado, and California.

Wish to travel to: Greece, Florence, Alaska and Australia.

Anything else: Nothing phases me in the least bit. I usually go around saying that I don't even have a pulse. I'm quite happy, living my life and trying not to leave any unhappiness along the way.

Even though it's not on the list, my motto:

Life is way too short. Use your time wisely.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 12:53:20