Let Them Fight! The Democratic Party Debates are coming soon.

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2019 07:29 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

The bottom candidates are going to be taking shots. The press will eat this up.

Of course they're going to. But they're bottom for a reason. Most of these candidates are fighting... not with tanks, bombers, shotguns, or even swords... but with plastic straws and spitballs. They're out of their league. They're going to be cannon fodder ... at best.

For the 1st round, Beto (maybe) and Booker are the only legit challengers to Warren ... if they know how to strike.

Biden and Sanders maybe the top dog in the second set. But they will have legitimate challenges from Pete Buttigieg and Kamala Harris.
Lash

Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2019 07:35 am
I think Tulsi Gabbard is a wild card that has the potential to take Warren down a peg, but I wonder if she’s motivated to do that.

I’m so excited!!
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2019 08:07 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

I think Tulsi Gabbard is a wild card that has the potential to take Warren down a peg, but I wonder if she’s motivated to do that.

I’m so excited!!

If she ain't motivated to go for the proverbial killing blow? She's likely to be one of the first to fall out given that she already has too many points of conflict associated with her. I can only see her gunning for a future Dem admin posting. She isn't VP material (to me at least) at this point.

But than again? The Democrats need a little shaking up. I trust that you know more about her potential as a really deep underdog position than what I perceive her to be.
Lash

Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2019 08:12 am
@tsarstepan,
I have a feeling that the DNC has tried to pressure all the candidates to focus on how they can beat Trump, and not to give Trump more fodder for the general, but I think you’re right.

If the peripheral candidates don’t attract attention during this big platform, they will likely not get another chance—especially Tulsi, who is on the outs with the DNC and the MSM.

🤔
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2019 08:15 am
@tsarstepan,
The one that intrigues me the most is Pete B. However, I feel that Presidential candidate that might be able to beat a seated incumbent President (even Trump) who is dealing with a strong economy just is not on the scene. I’d love to think otherwise. Now, if there happened to be a smelly(er) scandal or continuation of unconstitutional shenanigans that could pose a different scenario . Sadly, the system is pretty broken and dysfunctional.
On top of that, if a Democrat were to win it all, then what? What would be the inherited mess? How functional would it be and how scorched would the earth. It’d Better be a Democratic landslide in the Senate to go along with it.
Lash

Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2019 08:51 am
@Ragman,
I just wanted to speak to your second paragraph.

As a part of the teacher’s movement, my very red state’s teachers have emeetings, we talk online as a group constantly and we have our second face to face meetings in 10 districts next week. Occasionally, our conversation turns to the state representatives who are helping us and the ones who say stupid dismissive **** or break their promises.

Guess what party lines that breaks down to? (I’ll wait)

Bernie contacted our state leadership and asked how he could help.

I speak to three of these district groups—thousands of teachers—and I watch their political conversations. Of course, we have some ignorant as rocks people, spouting anti-communist propaganda from the Middle Ages who cite abortion as the reason they support Republicans.

And thankfully, we have patient liberals who are trying to get those people to see what is actually affecting their day to day lives, how the people THEY VOTED FOR are actively standing in the way of their job improvements, things that will make their daily lives more tolerable.

All this to say: people’s minds are changing. You’re always going to have rigid, unthinking people, but at least in the case of this Berning wildfire, the tide is turning to transformational change. We keep working for change—no matter what polls say, no matter what MSM newsspeakers say.

We’re trying to change the State House and our members of Congress. We partner with the teachers in WV, and we’re making overtures to Arizona.

We need to run people like Manchin and Collins out of the D party, but Pelosi protects them so they can vote with Republicans. She’s as guilty as Republicans. There needs to be a huge earthquake in the D party, to return it to what it was before Bill Clinton made it Republican Lite.

(Uh oh. Rant over)

Ragman

Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2019 09:57 am
@Lash,
Apropos of this: Florida, Texas and probably Ohio are Crucial In the election and not only for the presidency. Senate lives matter.
Baldimo

Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2019 10:08 am
@RABEL222,
You make a claim and I have to look up the proof? How lazy are you?
RABEL222

Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2019 02:34 pm
@Baldimo,
Too lazy to look up something that you will reject as soon as posted. I've been here as long as you and know the drill. When I want information I go to the search engines and look at all the data. Not the data that supports my opinions.
Baldimo

Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2019 02:39 pm
@RABEL222,
So your lame ass argument is that your "proof" won't be accepted? You are just as weak minded as I thought you would be.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2019 04:22 pm
@Ragman,
... and most importantly is NC.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2019 08:06 pm
Two crucial things happening on Twitter today in politics world and other stuff.

1. The collapse of Biden is one. Joe, as we knew he would, said some heinous **** that even his supporters reject. Joe was trying to give an example of his ability to ‘work with’ even the most disgusting sons o bitches what ever walked upright so he gives a story about some fuckers back in the day that left some exceedingly unfortunate quotes prominently featuring the big nasty word attached to dying, noises, and hanging.

Joe smiled and fondly said this guy considered him a son.
AND THIS WAS A TENDER MEMORY for the presidential candidate.

Thankfully, even though the Third Way has a bounty on Bernie’s Head, this was enough to finally jettison Joe for a lot of people.

I mean, Joe might not acknowledge it yet, but I’m good.

2. So, Bernie called The Third Way out on Twitter. It really energized his base. It was a fun safari. The significance is that Bernie has scrupulously played modestly and by the rules. He’s out and proud now. We all had a blast. It is on like Donkey Kong.

Ok, 3 things.

3. So, Biden’s collapse leads to scrutiny of Warren. The knives are out.

And, so it goes...

maxdancona

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2019 08:20 pm
@Lash,
Are you suggesting that Biden's poll numbers are dropping?

This is an objective way to see if you are full of crap or not (and it seems the objective numbers are saying you are, in fact, full of crap).

I don't see any real evidence that Biden is "collapsing". The latest polls have Biden at 17 points above Warren and Sanders. The real news is that Warren has just passed Sanders in the polls to move into second place.

I think Biden and Warren will be the last two standing.
Lash

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2019 08:36 pm
@maxdancona,
No, a poll hasn’t been taken since his bad double whammy yesterday. There’s also the fact that you can’t trust the polls anymore in this country currently.

As we saw in 2016, the polls are now as corrupted and manipulated as the media. The wealthiest Americans own the media and they control the news. They also control the polls.

Biden took two massive hits yesterday: one by blacks, one by working class people . He’s no longer a viable candidate for the wealthy kingmakers who plan to find and elect a plausible winner. Biden no longer fits that description.

So, the kingmakers have moved on to Warren.

Please be assured, I’m not trying to convince you. I dgaf what you think, but I’m telling anyone who’s interested what’s happening.
Lash

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2019 06:07 am
After watching yesterday’s congressional meeting re reparations, I’m happily surprised to think that this process may actually go a long way toward needed education and healing around the racial divide in the US.

I think the timing of the hearings during this election cycle in particular is also providential. Hoping for something good.

And glad Cory Booker and Harris called out Biden for his remarks.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2019 08:48 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
No, a poll hasn’t been taken since his bad double whammy yesterday. There’s also the fact that you can’t trust the polls anymore in this country currently.

I don't know why you don't think we can believe the polls. It seems to me that well done polls are the best source of objective data rather than everyone just blathering on for their own team.

I will believe that Biden is hurting when I see any evidence.
Sturgis

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2019 10:26 pm
@maxdancona,
Polls are notoriously biased. They are also poor at giving the real, the true picture of the participants. This becomes evident when results from various polls show a wide range in response on the same subjects. Look at the many times where polls said person B would win and was ahead by double digits in the polls and they ended losing by a number of percentage points.

I have given false responses to pollsters.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2019 04:05 am
@Sturgis,
Are you saying that Lash isn't biased?

Well-designed independent polls are pretty damn accurate most of the time. Yes, they are perfect. Sure, you can come up with a few examples were all the polls were laughably wrong. The majority of the time the polls get it right.

There is a science to polling. Good polls follow a careful process to ensure independence and use mathematical tools to test accuracy. As a consumer, you should understand what you are looking at and how the poll was taken.

I don't know what you think is accurate. I put my trust is well-designed, independent polls. Do you really think that the bluster of a Bernie fan is more accurate?

If I see Biden's numbers start dropping, I will take this as strong evidence that Lash is correct. If I see Bernie's numbers start dropping, I think this is a big problem for him. I suspect that Bernie is going to start dropping, but until I see the actual evidence that this is happening I can't say this is anything more than a hunch.
Lash

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2019 04:18 am
It’s a false dichotomy to juxtapose the veracity of polling in America with my voting preferences. It’s just nonsensical.

The first inkling we saw of wildly biased polling was during the run up to the 2016 election. Hillary had, what, a 96% chance of winning? Most people became skeptical of the polls then. Anyone who watches Nate Silver’s social media accounts sees that he is virulently anti-Sanders and can safely bet that along with anti-sanders news media, he is skewing polls to benefit any candidate but Bernie.

He was found to be over-sampling elderly landline-owning voters in several polls, knowing they are predominantly Biden voters.

The truth is becoming more widely known. I’m sure you’ll catch up.

Meanwhile, Cory Booker is enjoying a little jolt of popularity because he called on Biden to apologize for even more racially insensitive **** yesterday.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2019-06-20/booker-campaign-gets-2020-jolt-with-pushback-against-biden%3fcontext=amp

Biden’s casual racism has created a social media firestorm. Unfortunately for him, his racist ass has to face South Carolina’s kingmaker today at the biggest blackest event in the election cycle.

Biden will fall and you can tune in to Jim Clyburn’ world famous fish fry to see the first REAL fissures of his third election flame out today. Blacks ain’t having his **** any longer. Good riddance.

They shouldn’t have trotted that old guy out.
Lash

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2019 04:21 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

If I see Bernie's numbers start dropping, I think this is a big problem for him. I suspect that Bernie is going to start dropping, but until I see the actual evidence that this is happening I can't say this is anything more than a hunch.

Bernie’s numbers —and tulsi’s—don’t always reflect reality. The MSM, the oligarchs who pay them and even the Dem establishment are desperate for them not to win.

Welcome to the Hunger Games.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 12:19:30