Bring ________ back NOW. I want ... no... DEMAND more of _________!

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2019 10:23 am
Is there any tv show or movie (over 20 years old or more) that has long ended without resolution in character or plot (due to being cancelled or planned sequel failed to be made) that you would like to come to fruition (with or without the original cast) to be made today or rebooted?

An amuse bouche if you like.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 2,077 • Replies: 9
No top replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2019 10:45 am
Dark Skies.

This is an American problem, programme makers are allowed to believe their show will run for six seasons then it's pulled after three.

That doesn't happen over here, usually they're told they'll only get one season so it has an ending, then season 2 comes along, with another ending.

Look at Doctor Who. It was a cheap filler only meant to last one season.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2019 03:39 pm
Hill Street Blues
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2019 04:13 pm
@tsarstepan,
Land of the Giants - a strange late 1960s series from Irwin Allen. Earthlings end up on a planet where everything is larger. The usual theme is not to get caught by the giant people or killed by giant cats or birds.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2019 11:08 pm
TV shows from the Babylon 5 universe. Especially ones that resolve the storyline started by Crusade.

J. Michael Straczynski must have total control over the project. No having some moron substitute their vision for his.

We also need 4K/high-dynamic-range/ATMOS versions made of the original shows (with J. Michael Straczynski in charge of the restoration).

If I ever win hundreds of millions of dollars in the lottery, I'll see to it that it happens.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2019 09:26 am
Not sure ... after so many years, I wonder how they would handle the Community movie repeatedly promised under the "six seasons and a movie" mantra that the producers and cast were oft repeating in their attempt to resuscitate it back from cancellation.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2019 09:37 am
I thought Carnivale ended too soon.

https://resizing.flixster.com/bydvFERtucdc08qvPPN1Gcl5SoY=/206x305/v1.dDsyNjY3NDM7ajsxODA5MzsxMjAwOzE0NDA7MTkyMA
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2019 10:23 am
@tsarstepan,
I would just leave it up to J. Michael Straczynski to create whatever he wants however he sees fit.
oralloy

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2021 12:17 pm
@oralloy,
Warner Brothers has scanned the original negatives from Babylon 5. All scenes without special effects are now available in 1080p high definition.

All scenes with special effects have been upscaled directly from the original 480p renders, which is not quite what I was looking for (I want the special effects to be re-rendered in 4K HDR widescreen), but it still makes for a dramatic improvement over what was available before.

https://www.engadget.com/babylon-5-remastered-hbo-max-digital-download-080058907.html

They did botch the pilot episode though. Despite the rest of the series not being shown in widescreen (since this remaster is still based on the original 480p renders), they show the pilot episode in faux widescreen by cropping off the top and bottom of the picture.

Aside from the pilot episode, well done. But now let's look into re-rendering those special effects in 4K HDR widescreen.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2021 12:23 pm
The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp - Hugh O'Brian. Ended at the OK Corral conflict but did a TV movie about the actual fight.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Bring ________ back NOW. I want ... no... DEMAND more of _________!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 01:14:04