Late Nighters Thread - you can only post here between 12-6

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 02:33 am
So I'm up late and I do stupid things when I'm up late. I get kind of goofy. Sort of like being drunk, but without the pesky ... Wait no, its just like being drunk.

Anwyays, I'm up for about the fourth night in a row working on assorted art projects due tomorrow. At one point I was doing an illustration involving the glueing of googly eyes onto an ink blot.

This is when I discovered that googly eyes are FANTASTIC just about any where you glue them.

The milk in my fridge looks very friendly now, the eggs can see (myopically), and the yogurt fancies itself some kind of spider.

So, why are you up late, and what (if any) silly/stupid things have you done?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,640 • Replies: 68
No top replies

roger

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 07:20 am
12 - 6 which time zone?
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 07:22 am
Is that GMT? Or Heathen time?
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 09:12 am
Thats for where you are when you are. Not my time, but when the sun is down, the moon is up, and the vampires are out doing fictional things in your region.

(and pardon the day time response. And I'm tired.)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 11:53 am
Did you get the projects done? (Pardon daytime response...)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 09:57 pm
<just 5 more minutes>
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 11:06 pm
I find that I do stupid things during the daytime, but late at night, I do smart things, like look for some way out of this hell that I call my current life. But I might be dumber late at night. Which means I'm doing smart things when I'm dumb. Wait...is that dumb or smart?

I'm surprised I don't see Dagmarka on this thread. She's a serious night owl. Maybe she's off in some foreign country again...
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 19 May, 2005 06:10 am
<C-R-E-A-K >

Yoohoo, anybody there?

Hello?

HELLO....ANYONE?

HELLOOOOOOO !

< shuffle shuffle ...BANG thump tinkle tinkle>

Bugger! At least if someone made it here during the time frame, the least they could do would be to leave the bloody lights on.

<shuffle shuffle>

Damned bad show if you ask me.

<SLAM>
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 19 May, 2005 06:50 am
Hello, night owls! Very Happy

(I'm cheating, sneaking into your night owl time zone when it's only 10:50 pm EST here in Melbourne, Oz.)
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 12:02 am
Okay, it's late, it's night, and I'm still up.

So what's up with the plastic corks they're using in wine bottles nowadays?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 12:12 am
Portugese forests have been having a bad time?

I think there is likely a different explanation. Anyway, Kick should know better than to trust Sideshow Bob.

EDIT: Especially since he seems to have pulled his post while i was writing mine.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 12:12 am
kickster, damn straight i was in a foreign land. in californ-i-ay. but am back, 2 am, alive as ever, sipping wine to get at least a teensy bit sleepy. not working!

i like plastic corks. they make them so that the wine still can breathe but they're so much easier to pull out. then again, any cork is easy to just push in with your thumb - the classy slovak way...
0 Replies

tommrr

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 12:13 am
kickycan wrote:
Okay, it's late, it's night, and I'm still up.

So what's up with the plastic corks they're using in wine bottles nowadays?

There is a cork shortage, so it is no longer cost effective for them to use it. Learned that during a winery tour in NAPA. However, it was at the 5th or 6th stop, so the details are somewhat fuzzy, as was my head by that time.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 12:16 am
dagmaraka wrote:
any cork is easy to just push in with your thumb - the classy slovak way...

Hahaha...I love it!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 12:16 am
haha. love those wine-tasting trips. and napa is the place to do it!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 12:19 am
Hopefully I'll do a little wine-tasting in Italy. I'll bring you back a real authentic non-plastic cork if I do!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 12:21 am
We didn't meet in California yet again, Dag. No matter, we'll meet one of these days. Did all go ok? Did you eat well?

Or, Did you eat well? Did it all go ok?

How could you be in the bay area without my getting myself in gear and meeting you?
I will work on this.
<Karateka and I are still trying to meet.
Really, I think we need an a2k gathering at Emporio Rulli's in Larkspur..>
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 12:31 am
osso, i thought you were in albaturkey. it was you housesitting for Dys and Diane, yest? Or am I dazed and confused? wouldn't be the first time, in fact, it would be odd if i weren't... that's the normal state of affairs. i spend most my time in walnut creek out there, but surely i'll be back before long.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 12:32 am
oh, and i ate too well. three weeks prior to the trip - all that self-restraint and excercising.... down the drain in a week.... oh well, i'll pick up and get back on track soon.
0 Replies

tommrr

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 12:32 am
Setanta wrote:
Portugese forests have been having a bad time?

I think there is likely a different explanation. Anyway, Kick should know better than to trust Sideshow Bob.

EDIT: Especially since he seems to have pulled his post while i was writing mine.

Completely accidental. Was going to edit and the touchpad sensitivity is a bit off. While passing over the dreaded "x", I pushed to hard.... Guess that would be classified as accidental premature deletion?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Late Nighters Thread - you can only post here between 12-6
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 05:03:27