For Possible Marriage. One expensive offspring...

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 07:22 am
I tried Ebay, but had no response. In desperation, I now turn to A2K.

FOR THE MARRYING OF:-

One Son, soon to gain his Degree in Marine Biology.
Degree course has cost us a fortune, but we have managed it. However, he now intends to go on and do his Masters, and then progress onto a Doctorate......let's be honest here....he's basically a perpetual Student.

Description:-

About six feet tall, blond tousled hair, blue eyes, looks like a slightly uglier version of Brad Pitt, can just about wash himself and is able to iron clothes that are still dirty.

Hobbies:-
Raiding the fridge.
Raiding my wallet.
Seeing how long he can stay awake, when everyone else is asleep.
Seeing how long he can sleep when everyone else is awake.
Swimming with Great White Sharks.
Making his Parents a nervous wreck, by doing the above.
Mapping Coral reefs.
Buying expensive SCUBA stuff and sending us the bill.

Ambitions:-
To study in perpetuity in order to avoid proper work.
To save Whales, Dolphin and other slimy creatures.
To be an underwater photographer which means us buying even more expensive gadgetry.

PLEASE NOTE ... that females who are interested should have reasonably rich parents, or are rich in their own right, as a small Dowry is required to enable us to pay for him to get through the aforementioned masters. You should also own a good house, preferably in Australia (sharks) or Florida (more sharks) so that we can come for good holidays. Also a large, well stocked fridge is essential.

Any further questions or offers should be posted below.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,373 • Replies: 39
No top replies

Eva

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 08:08 am
Just one question, Lord Ellpus.

I assume he is the heir to Droitwich Manor. Just how big will his inheritance be?
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 08:21 am
Eva, re. Droitwich Manor.

By the time he has finished his studies, I will be living in a Trailer by a Motorway in Scotland.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 08:24 am
Levon, Levon likes his money
He makes a lot they say
Spend his days counting
In a garage by the motorway

Mayhap Levon, or his son Jesus, will have an inexpensive rental out back . . .
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 08:36 am
My daughter is only 9 years old, but by the time your
offspring has finished his doctorate and would be able to
bring home some major casholla, she's ready to
be married off.

By then he hopefully knows how to cook and clean,
as my precious child is spoiled rotten in that department as well.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 11:28 am
Don't most graduate students pay their own way these days? That seems to be how it works here.

At the very least, he should be able to get a good enough job with a masters degree to afford part-time tuition while working on his doctorate. People always take their education more seriously when they have to pay for it themselves. And they turn out to be more motivated in the work force later. I recommend you give him this advantage.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 11:30 am
CalamityJane wrote:
My daughter is only 9 years old, but by the time your
offspring has finished his doctorate and would be able to
bring home some major casholla, she's ready to
be married off.

By then he hopefully knows how to cook and clean,
as my precious child is spoiled rotten in that department as well.

Drat! I was hoping we could get her together with my 11 year old son in a few years!

Wouldn't that be fun! You and I as the mother-in-laws. How could they do better?!
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 11:34 am
That would be a great option as well Eva, and since I know
you're raising your son to be a sensible, caring person
towards women, I suggest, we get them together for
summer camp Laughing

I have to warn you though, little Jane is quite a handful.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 06:34 pm
Pictures! I demand pictures!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 06:48 pm
me too!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 10:18 pm
I posted a link to a picture of my handsome son on the "Cat person with a dog" thread last week, if you're interested. I can't remember where I saw a picture of little Jane, but I know I've seen one recently.

Oh! Did you want a picture of Lord Ellpus's son instead?! Silly me!

(SonofEva is a bit young for you two anyway.)
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 12:58 am
No pictures I'm afraid......he would kill me!

Eva and CJ.....you should know by now not to take me too seriously.
My boy is working harder than I have ever known him work. In all seriousness, I worry about him at the mo, as he is cramming for his finals, taking whatever work comes his way and possibly gets about six hours sleep a night at the very max.
He hates taking money off us, and I have been very impressed at the money making things that he has come up with, in addition to the jobs that he has taken on.
Basically I am very, very proud, and pleased that he is working so hard towards getting a qualification in something that has been a major interest to him since the age of about two.
With luck, he will start his working life in a job that he is thoroughly interested in, and therefore will be able to look upon it as enjoyment that he gets paid for.
I never acheived that, and I dont think many people do...I just hope it all works out for him.

The reason that I made this post, was that he arrived home for the weekend (a bit of TLC) looking absolutely haggard. He then slept for almost an entire day, and proceeded to empty all of my favourite food from the fridge. He comes home about once a month, and usually spends the weekend with his head inside a massive pile of papers and books, and then writes essays on the computer until 5am.
He occasionally posts on A2K, but in the science section....and I cant understand the question, let alone the answers he gives.... he must know what he's talking about, because the response to the answer is normally positive.

He is making his own way through Uni, and has turned out to be one of the coolest guys I have ever met. I am sure that they swapped the babies when he was born, and handed us an Australian one, as although he is supercool, tans easily and loves Sharks....he is absolutely hopeless at Cricket. Yeah....he's an Aussie.

So, any serious offers yet?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 01:23 am
I'm too old, but I'll keep my eye out for femme pals who might qualify, dear LordE.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 08:51 am
Would I take you seriously and offer my daughter?
Oh, pleaaaaaaseeee!!!

Besides I have seen a picture of EvaSon, and he's
exactly our type Wink

On a serious note however, I think you can be very proud
of your offspring Spanky, and it does come through in
your posting. You did well in raising a fine man which in
todays world is not that easy. So take a bow!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 09:55 am
I agree! You have every right to be very proud of him. I hope I can do as well with my son.

I've been fighting the middle school wars here. Seems you don't just go to your neighborhood school automatically anymore. The boy has a 3.75 overall GPA in elementary school (we live near the city's best public elementary school), but he wasn't accepted into the public schools' accelerated middle school program based on a single 3rd grade reading score. (Despite having great scores in 4th and 5th and making A's in it!) According to all his teachers, he was more than qualified for it, but I had no luck trying to reason with the establishment. And I am NOT going to put him into our very mediocre neighborhood school. He's too good a student for that.

Soooo...our options were (1) move to a suburban area with better public schools, or (2) go private.

We live in one of the city's most desirable neighborhoods. It's old and extremely well maintained. Very beautiful, near all the major city parks, gardens and urban amenities. We love our house and have recently finished landscaping and decorating. It's perfect for us. So we really don't want to move. Besides, I grew up in suburbia myself and hated every minute of it. Booooorrrrring.

So that leaves private schools. We checked out a bunch of them and finally decided on one yesterday. I found a very open, very informal one with great academics. It's small and not snooty at all...lots of diversity. Very creative. Fabulous faculty! It's on the edge of town in a country setting...lots of woods and pathways and stuff. But it actually only takes about 10 minutes to get there. SonofEva spent a day going to classes there ("shadowing") and said he loved it and everyone, students and faculty, were really nice to him. They said they'd love to have him. So it seems like a good fit.

I am choking about paying private school tuition, though. And, I AM A DEMOCRAT, for God's sake! I have always adamantly supported public schools! But the system didn't come through for my son, so I guess we'll do whatever we have to do. I'm taking them the check in about an hour. <GULP>

Sorry to divert this thread. This has been a major decision, though, and it has consumed us for the better part of two years.
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 10:08 am
Have my daughter...only two camels!

I have a very beautiful daughter. She is half Iranian with long aubern hair and almond eyes. Needless to say, she looks nothing like me, even though she has one leg of my genes! I'm a big, blue eyed blond and I'm often asked if I'm scandanavian, but I'm pure Liverpool/Irish.

She has a degree in Criminal Justice (from Liverpool Uni) she's kind and loving, watches University Challenge (and sometimes answers a question) she's very funny and witty and has a puppy...what more could he want?
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 10:11 am
...and her own gaff :wink:
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 10:38 am
Eva, I went that route (private school) from the beginning
and I am glad I did, as it seems that the children do have
more choices for accelerated programs. Last year,
my daughter had two new classmates come in from public
school and they were placed in 3rd grade again, as their
public school knowledge wasn't sufficient for 4th grade.

The tuition is worthwhile invested an when I'm old and
grumpy it's payback time Mr. Green
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 10:45 am
My sixteen year old is a knock out and so far her only ambition is to marry a rock star....very disturbing. Please take her. She's a lovely intelligent girl.
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 10:50 am
I've got a posh 16 year old nephew - who's only ambition is to be a rock star (he even plays 'stairway' when he comes round for Sunday luch) but he's still at the 'greezee stage and occasionally pongs a bit...but he's a sweet boy...and will inherit!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » For Possible Marriage. One expensive offspring...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 12:35:12