You will never forget when I told you ~
Please don't hurt yourself.
Please~
Don't ~
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 21 May, 2019 06:14 am
@kaylie-the-cutter,
Trying to hide cutting is counterproductive. I understand a lot of cutting happens when people feel overly pressured.

But there are tons of ways to alleviate pressure which don't involve self-harm. One really easy one is exercise.

Is your area safe? Then go for a walk the next time you feel like cutting. Even if it's just around the block. Concentrate on how it makes you feel to put one foot in front of the other.

Before you dismiss what I am suggesting, just... try it.
Ponderer

Reply Tue 21 May, 2019 07:04 am
@kaylie-the-cutter,
Kaylie, please don't think of this as a "lecture" (like I am talking "down" to you) , because I am trying to talk "across" to you. Really, truly, it hurts me to think of you hurting yourself.
Understand that I understand depression. My life has been a rollercoaster. After my wife decided she wanted to "be free", it was a continuous cycle of get a job, get an apartment, lose a job , lose an apartment,etc. I have ended up staying in motels when I could afford it and sleeping in my car by a lake when I couldn't.
I have had love and lost love many times.
Know that comparing your life to others might depress you, but it can also make you see that your life has so many blessings and hope.
I don't know your story, but I am here to hear it if you want to talk to a " stranger". Think of what you have that many other people don't have. Imagine all the people who are born with terrible deformities. Imagine not having legs. Or arms. Imagine being totally blind. Yes, it's depressing to think about that, but that is real life for some people.
It is because you are a girl that I am trying my best to protect you from yourself. I grew up learning "You don't hurt girls."
As seriously as I can be -Consider what could happen if someone finds out that you have cut yourself. Any true friend will try to get "help" for you. You don't know where that "help" could lead.
[ This was supposed to be a private message, but I just noticed that I hit "reply". I will post it anyway since I am this far into it, and so that others may benefit from it.]
It could lead to "authorities". It could lead to you being locked away under observation to keep you from hurting yourself.
Listen to what Jespah said too. There Is something about getting "outside" (yourself). There is something about one step putting you in the present. (The last step was in the past, and the next step is the future)
kaylie-the-cutter

Reply Tue 21 May, 2019 02:59 pm
@Ponderer,
thank you for having concerns for me but sometimes life is really hard...especially for a younger person as i am and it hurts to know that my loved one may be ignoring me...but thank you for your answer...ill think it through
Ponderer

Reply Tue 21 May, 2019 03:27 pm
@kaylie-the-cutter,
Thank you. Please do.
There was a song- (by a girl)
"Got along without ya
Before I met ya
Gonna get along without ya now."

That means you were you before him. Your life doesn't depend on him. I told you I know the pain of losing love. It hurts, but it goes away.

Another song-
"Only love can break a heart
Only love can mend it again."

If he goes, he won't take your heart with him.
I am not diminishing the difficulty of your life by saying this, but life is always difficult for young people. And I can (can't really) imagine how hard it is growing up in this world as it is now. (social pressure, school demands, etc.) Focus on the things that you have control over.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 21 May, 2019 03:31 pm
@kaylie-the-cutter,
I am a parent, and I have experience with someone in my family (a nephew) who cuts himself.

My brother and his family had to learn to accept who his son is, and cutting is a part of that. This difficult for a parent, but there are lots of families who work through it. In my nephews case, it is not just him alone, we all have learned how to support him.

You should be in therapy. A therapist, especially a therapist who understands teen who cut themselves, will understand you and will be able to support you. A therapist will also help your family understand and learn how to support you. I understand your fear of your parents.

Is there a way you can get yourself a good therapist? You could ask your parents (if your relationship with them is open enough for that). You can also talk to your doctor, or find a counselor at school who can help you.

Having a secret like this is very difficult, I hope that you can get help, and that there is someone who can support you and help your parents understand.
0 Replies

kaylie-the-cutter

Reply Tue 21 May, 2019 03:51 pm
@jespah,
thank you and ill try it..ill get back to you on if it works
0 Replies

Linkat
  Selected Answer

Reply Wed 22 May, 2019 12:07 pm
@kaylie-the-cutter,
kaylie-the-cutter wrote:

how do you hide cuts on your wrist...i dont want my parents seeing them

Please, please tell your parents. They can help you get the help you need to stop this.

How do I know --- my teenage daughter had been doing this. Thankfully some friends were worried about her and "told" her guidance counselor.

We now have her seeing a counselor regularly that is helping her deal with the stresses of being a teenager. And how to release this stress in a more positive way.

To let you know she said she didn't want us to know because she was embarrassed about it or thought in her words - that people would think she was weird.

I have since found out alot about cutting and in the long run you need to stop - it is not much different as in doing drugs in that you will need to do it more and more often to get that stress relief. There are better ways for you deal with this and I am guessing it would feel better to have someone to talk with that will not judge you and will be willing to listen and understand what you are going through.

Please - please talk with your parents or a counselor at school - there is definitely people that care about you and will want to help you.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 22 May, 2019 12:09 pm
@kaylie-the-cutter,
kaylie-the-cutter wrote:

thank you for having concerns for me but sometimes life is really hard...especially for a younger person as i am and it hurts to know that my loved one may be ignoring me...but thank you for your answer...ill think it through

You are absolutely correct. It is very hard to be a teenager in today's society. There is help - please reach out.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » depression
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 05:24:42