Small Quantity Importing from China

kags129

Fri 13 May, 2005 02:22 pm
This is a great forum! I've been reading through all of the posts and I've learned an incredible amount. Thanks in advance to all of the knowledgeable posters!
My company is producing a new product that requires importing from China, specifically from the Guang Dong Province. This is a new product that we will be marketing and therefore we want to keep our first order small. We have found a company that will do this for us but they only provide FOB shipping.
I'm looking to find out what is the best way to go about having the cargo get from China to St. Louis MO. From the advice of some of the postings I've contacted M.E. Dey for a quote, but to be honest I'm still unsure what would be the best option as far as how to ship our cargo.
Our cargo weight will be 231 pounds and will be 7 containers that are 28" x 13" x 28" (0.1568cbm). The cargo will be plastic toys that should not be fragile. We are not in a huge rush to receive these products but we would like them to arrive to us safely. Does this cargo seem like a good candidate for LCL? Also, since we are in the midwest I'm not sure what Port would be the best for our port of entry, any advice? It seems like companies like M. E. Dey could arrange to actually deliver the cargo directly to our warehouse here in St. Louis, am I correct in this? Or is it more economical to have the cargo stored temporarily in a warehouse at the port of entry and then arrange for shipping to our warehouse in St. Louis.
Does anyone have an idea of what a shipment of this size and weight would cost? Don't worry I won't hold you to it!
Also, I was wondering if anyone out there has done business with a company called Angel Marts? I'm trying to research them to make sure that they are a legitimate company.
I'd appreciate any advice anyone has!
Thanks so much!
kags129
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,919 • Replies: 3
Topic Closed
No top replies

gman6009

Tue 7 Jun, 2005 11:29 am
Shipping China to St. Louis
What did you find out?
I also need the same information, but my shipment will be about 1450kgs,and total volume is 14.5Cubic meter.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Tue 7 Jun, 2005 04:54 pm
Re: Small Quantity Importing from China
kags129 wrote:
From the advice of some of the postings I've contacted M.E. Dey for a quote, but to be honest I'm still unsure what would be the best option as far as how to ship our cargo.

Ask them, this is what frieght forwarders are for. Contact a few and have them quote you.

If your criteria is price, then the smallest price gives you your answer.
0 Replies

Your China Link

Thu 16 Jun, 2005 10:37 am
Hi,

We have started a consulting business to help answer these questions, to conduct research on companies to ensure they are legitimate, etc.

Please feel free to contact us at 262-347-6210 or visit our website at Edit (Moderator): Link removed if you are interested in our service.

Matt
0 Replies