What is your opinion? Thanks.

Reply Sat 18 May, 2019 06:51 pm
Sorry, I also meant to say that I haven’t spoken to her since the blocking.*Last semester I met this girl. We got on fine and became acquaintances I guess. This semester she is in one of my classes and I’d figured I ask her out to a coffee, as I thought she was interesting. When I asked her she paused and gave me her Instagram. I messaged her a few days later and she said that while she really appreciated me asking her, she wasn’t dating anyone and that she didn’t want to lead me on. I accepted this, as of course you can’t make people do anything. When I asked if we were friends, she blocked me. I said that I thought she was a cool person and that it would be great to make a friend. I’ve made some changes in the past couple of weeks, like getting contacts and a new hairstyle. I was talking to a few friends in the library when I noticed that she walked in and was staring at me with wide eyes. I just resumed talking to my friends. She double takes too. Was this childish of her? Or am I being silly? I just think that the blocking was unnecessary and was disappointed that we didn’t talk like adults. I thought about sending a message in the summer over fb asking her about it, but I’m not sure. What do you think of all of this? Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 232 • Replies: 2

jespah

Reply Sun 19 May, 2019 07:24 am
@Redwolf615,
Blocking is about as clear a signal as anyone can make.

She's not even interested in a friendship with you, sorry.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 20 May, 2019 11:22 am
@Redwolf615,
Redwolf615 wrote:

anything. When I asked if we were friends, she blocked me. I said that I thought she was a cool person and that it would be great to make a friend.

Without any details from her side of things? Clearly, she disagrees with your assessment.

Quote:
I’ve made some changes in the past couple of weeks, like getting contacts and a new hairstyle.

Ummm... how would any person with more than a few working brain cells take this as you changing anything other than simple personal aesthetics and nothing to indicate a change in personality or demeanor. Sounds like your modicum of aesthetic changes is an attempt to insult her intelligence.

Quote:
I was talking to a few friends in the library when I noticed that she walked in and was staring at me with wide eyes. I just resumed talking to my friends. She double takes too. Was this childish of her? Or am I being silly?

Don't read too much into something you can not currently define without directly asking her what her reaction meant. We, third party nonspectators can't answer what she was thinking at the time. So? Technically, you're being childish and/or silly.

Quote:
I just think that the blocking was unnecessary and was disappointed that we didn’t talk like adults. I thought about sending a message in the summer over fb asking her about it, but I’m not sure.

This is textbook stalking. If she blocked you? She doesn't want any contact with you, regardless if her motives are childish and immature, or reasonable and measured.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What is your opinion? Thanks.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 05:52:36