Lettuce prey

dlowan

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 10:31 pm
Now - I hafta go elevate the smegger, and take me antibiotic, mummy!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 10:38 pm
Take your antibiotic - no citrus - lots of liquids - elevate the leg - rest.

Am I going to have to call you to check up on you?
0 Replies

tommrr

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 11:26 pm
dlowan wrote:
Quote:
I have cats. THEY'RE supposed to take care of this type of stuff.

They're trying to kill me.

I wonder if they know they aren't in the will?

How can I tell them?

Don't they know not to provoke the bunny?????
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 11:58 pm
Cheezits, dlowan, I am sorry to hear you are dealing with this. Yes, be good and take your pills and listen to ehBeth...
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 12:07 am
Setanta wrote:

(I knew about your poor kitty because i do read the Cat Room thread, but don't tell anyone, . . .)

ditto - and there even some others, where I've a look now and then http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/geschockt/str.gif

ossobuco wrote:
Yes, be good and take your pills and listen to ehBeth...

Quite right. (And some other should listen to her as well!)

And of: "hold your dominion"!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 06:32 am
ah I see "the noise" won out. Here's looking at you kid.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 06:43 am
Smooches.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 07:35 am
Checking in late to add my good wishes.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 07:38 am
That's our Edgar. Always on time for the smoochin'

Very Happy
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 07:39 am
Lol! SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCH!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 07:40 am
Ya know, it can be quite nice to be a shortish person in between two tallish people smoochin'

mmmmmmmmmmmm Cool
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 07:43 am
So was the barf attack related or its own thing?

Creeping up your leg -- yoiks.

Very glad you got the antibiotics when you did.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 08:19 am
Prolly related. As was the high fever and the awful aches - beginning of infection establishing itself - and ne body fighting it. I think Husker has had similar symptoms - but worse?

It is starting to go all bruised looking - I think the skin will all peel.

Yes - up, and around - ewwwww.....

Glad you're enjoying yourself Beth!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 08:26 am
Several years ago (seven, eigtht?) is was bitten by a brown recluse. I did not discover that until several days after the fact, when i was changing bed linen and found the critter. My symptoms were the same. At first i had a boil on my shin (not yet knowing about the spider who had decided to live in my bed linen). I carefully lanced it, drained it with sterile gauze, and then bathed it twice daily with epsom salts in hot water. It looked like clearing up. At the time i was somewhat hobbled by an injury i had suffered to my left leg--i tore the meniscus over the kneecap when i slipped on some ice.

Then about four or five days after the boil appeared, i got the most raging influenza-like symptoms. My leg swelled to nearly twice its size below the knee in the course of about twelve hours. I went to the hospital, and the doctor was clueless. When i discovered the child of Arachne living in my bed, i had kept it in a jar, and i took it to the doctor, who "poo-pooed" the idea. I found another doctor. Altogether, i was laid up for about a month. I went to the hospital for outpatient treatment each day, and required the assistance of someone else to get down the stairs to the door, down the steps to the street and onto the bus. Since my van still ran well, i used it as a bribe to get people to help me and run me around. 'Tis a miserable condition to be in, and despite your lapine ways, you have my sincere sympathy.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 08:31 am
Lapine ways?

Thank god it was not a brown recluse! -

Your leg all better now, Set - no recurrences?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 08:35 am
No, but it took daily visits to the hospital's outpatient therapy unit for three weeks. I gained a lot of weight, and since have lost little of that. My mobility has never fully recovered, although i can still walk long distances without too much trouble. One of the problems was that i was in therapy for the torn tissue over my left knee when this condition appeared on my right shin. I was unable to continue the physical therapy for the knee for over a month. My knee will never fully recover, and going down steps is a torment for me, although for whatever bizarre reason, it doesn't hinder me going up steps.

I personally am quite fond of Arachne's progeny, have ever wished them well, and avoid killing them if i can. I know not what cruel machinations of an unkind goddess lead me into that misadventure.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 08:42 am
Oh dear.

Perhaps it was a she arachnid - and she meant it as a love bite?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 08:48 am
Perhaps she had felt scorned . . . hell hath no fury, etc. . . .
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 08:50 am
Or - it was a boy - and he thought your legs were the sexual paps of the mightiest competitor in existence...

Hell hath no fury like a male whose wedding tackle is made to look puny....
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 08:55 am
God, that cracked me up . . .

The Wabbit scores again ! ! !
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Lettuce prey
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/06/2024 at 10:18:11