I know this happened a long time ago....

Leanora

Reply Fri 17 May, 2019 08:03 pm
I know that this happened a long time ago, and I have to admit, I am not the type of person that gets over things easily. This has been bothering me for 10 years, and in all honesty, I never felt that anyone really allowed me to talk about it. It was an instant, "get over it."

Here's my story

I had a friend 10 years ago, and we did everything together. As I remembered, she had gotten a lot of attention due to her good looks, but mind you, I was never jealous of that. I was a bit envious of the favoritism, but it wasn't extreme. Unfortunately our friendship was on rocky grounds because a lot of people have wedged in between us. I must have look like an ugly duckling right next to her because they kept on saying that I needed to be with someone who "looks" more like me. What really put this brick between us was our boss at the time. She decided to bump me up, and at that time, I am very touched and thankful for that. However, I felt that what she did to her was cruel. She brought her down, and it was not just by a smudge. She brought her to the bottom, and she blamed me for this. She convinced a lot of people that I sabotage our friendship just so I could be on top, and this was going on for 5 years. I never knew what really happened until 10 years later, so I was being blamed for something I didn't know what I was being blamed for, and they all thought that I was trying to play dumb. I was told that our boss can be a bit vindictive, but I don't know her well enough to say otherwise. However, she is the boss. She makes all the decision, and I felt that I was blamed for her decision. I also felt like, "they won." We are no longer friends thanks to them, and now, she hates me. She wants everyone to hate me, and turning everyone against me. I wish I knew earlier, so I could put a stop to this, but I'm also very angry with her. Why would she blame me?

I know what you all are going to say. Get over it. It happened a long time ago, but I would like to hear your opinion. Hopefully this could give me some closure.

jespah

Reply Sat 18 May, 2019 12:25 pm
@Leanora,
If you're still working there, leave. And, yes, you need to try to get past it.

Why did they do this? Because some people are just plain toxic. There doesn't seem to be any other explanation.

Be glad you're not one of them, and if you have trouble moving on (and it sounds like you do), then seek counseling and scream it out to an impartial professional.
0 Replies

georgevan1

Reply Sun 19 May, 2019 12:19 pm
@Leanora,
Would having a good long talk with her at a possible reconciliation be possible?
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 20 May, 2019 09:34 pm

That girl must accept the action of the boss and separate you from the entire incident. She needs to grow up. She has misdirected blame for her sorry life, and you seem way too willing to take it all on your shoulders. Stop being the willing victim.

And change friends. If they want to be sheep, let them.

0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I know this happened a long time ago....
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 04:14:00