A lucky save from a fall!

Reyn

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 08:19 pm
An extremely lucky break for this woman! I'm betting she'll be a lot more careful in the future. She reminds me a lot of my own mother who hangs out her apartment windows to clean the outside of them!

70-year-old woman survives nine-storey fall in Fort Lauderdale
at 16:05 on May 11, 2005, EST.

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) - A 70-year-old woman survived a nine-storey fall from a condominium tower Wednesday when she landed on a canopy, officials said.

The woman was cleaning her balcony when she fell at Coral Ridge Towers and landed on a first-floor canopy, according to the Fort Lauderdale Fire-Rescue.

The woman, whose identity wasn't released, was alert and talking when rescuers arrived.

She was transported to Broward General Medical Center with non-life-threatening injuries, rescuers said.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 580 • Replies: 15
No top replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 10:09 am
Another one of Reyn's ever-so-popular topics! Get 'em while they're hot! Rolling Eyes

Maybe if I was more popular here....hmmm?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 10:33 am
Reyn
Many of my topics go virtually ignored also. I don't know the magic ingredient. My advise: Hang in there and keep on posting. I think you're an interesting person; I just don't respond as often as I should to many topics on A2K. I think the ole lady must be tough as nails at seventy.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 10:37 am
I for one enjoy your posts Reyn, just don't always have reply.......

So many people wouldn't be looking if they weren't interested.

The one about the goose?

Made me think of my older sister. She somehow had an encounter with a bat, and managed to trap it in an empty aquarium.
Then she filled it with water and drowned it, "so it wouldn't suffer"

We had a tropical fish (different aquarium) who developed this growth on its head. My brother talked for days about wanting to operate on it.

One day.......it was just gone.....

people are just, well, I haven't figured that out (yet).
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 10:41 am
You's just fine as the popularity contest goes, Reyn! Smile

That story reminds me a fall my own mom took about a year ago, at the age of 70 as well. Although it wasn't from 7 stories, mom took a fall after she had climbed up on the kitchen counters to put a new plant up on the plant shell way up high. As she was coming down, she somehow lost her balance and fell, smashing her shoulder onto the tile counter and then bouncing onto the floor.

She couldn't move and every time she tried, she nearly blacked out from the pain in her shoulder. When she went to touch her painful shoulder with her other hand, she didn't feel it! Like it was gone!

Since she was the only one home at the time, dad was out running errands, she slowly began scooting the step stool nearer to her with her feet and after about an hour was able to get herself up onto her knees, get to the phone and call her neighbor.

Her neighbor got there and immediately helped her into the car and off to the hospital, calling my dad on his cell on their way there. She had not only dislocated, but broken her shoulder and given herself a good concussion to boot.

As any good daughter would, I scolded her about climbing to high places without having a spotter nearby. All in all, the healing and the physical therapy took about a year and she hasn't attempted cabinet climbing again on her own.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 10:44 am
Nobody likes you Reyn, it's sad but true. Join the club.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 11:11 am
Hey thanks guys! You too, Dys. Kissy, kissy, huggy, huggy....

Please see this for my weird mood this lovely morning:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1538773#1538773
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 08:14 pm
Join the club, all my posts go unanswered. Maybe were just boring. In any cases, that old lady should take a trip to vegas, maybe the luck is still runnin'
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 08:20 pm
Thanks! The woman in this story also reminds me of my mother. She once fell out of a tree trying to trim its branches!

Yeah, I know, it sounds weird.... Laughing
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 08:29 pm
Reyn. I like you. You are popular with me.

You are chary of actual discussion amid a group of chirrupping discussers.

To deal with this you post links about people, with not all so much out put on your own opinions, because, let me guess, you really don't want to be in the position of defending your own opinions.

The odd thing is - well, there are two odd things -

people tend to like those who state their opinions honestly, at least a fair amount of people appreciate that.

and, you can just say things are your own opinion and let it go.
Most of the giant knifing happens when people try to make others adopt their opinions.

People do like you here, and certainly I do.

There is, though, a certain competition, for when opinions fly around freely and scarily.

Relax, you are appreciated.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 08:41 pm
Hey, that was real nice of you to say. Very Happy Can I get a hug?

ossobuco wrote:
To deal with this you post links about people, with not all so much out put on your own opinions, because, let me guess, you really don't want to be in the position of defending your own opinions.

I suppose I'm probably a little insecure. I've already been rapped on the knuckles for this by Set.

Actually, you're half right. Sometimes, I don't really have an opinion, or I'm not really sure how I feel about something. I see something I feel is interesting, I figure, maybe someone else will feel the same way about it.

On the other hand, I abhore confrontation - anywhere. I would never be seen in the Political or Religious forums, for example. I prefer non-controversial situations when relating to other people, either here, or in person.

I hope that analysis was free.... Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 08:51 pm
It's free, from either of us.

I mostly don't confront either, but am learning to speak my opinons on whatever matter. Well, that is my own concern.

But, re popularity, people are drawn to read points of view, it helps all of us learn our own and to express our own. There is an attraction to people expressing views, even if we disagree, as they are exercising their analytic minds - never mind that someone else disagrees, it is like exercising a muscle.

That is a natural attractant and to rail against it is to rail against weather.

Many people here are also interested in interesting and odd events, and appreciate your posting them.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 09:07 pm
Thanks, Osso. I'll keep what you say in mind. Hopefully, I don't make a complete idiot of myself in the process! Shocked
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 01:24 pm
No more of an idiot than anyone else could have been when they started speaking their mind, you got nothin' to worry about.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 01:49 pm
Reyn--

You have a larger dominion than most. Hold it.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 08:38 pm
Wow, I had no idea! Very Happy
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » A lucky save from a fall!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 06:22:47