Facebook banned me for talking about religion vs facts

Sturgis

Reply Thu 16 May, 2019 10:53 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Christianity like many things waxes and wanes.

Religion and other things which offer comfort are created by mankind and can come or go with just a puff of air.

So yes, even gods can be overthrown, especially the fake ones.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 17 May, 2019 05:26 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

maxdancona wrote:

I am going to push the issue... because I think this thread has a smell of hypocrisy. If you are saying Facebook shouldn't be banning anyone, I agree with you. I don't agre if you are saying:

Facebook should ban people who disagree with me, but they better not ban anyone who agrees with me.

If you are going to allow Facebook to arbitrarily ban people, you run the risk of being banned. I don't see anyone really supporting free speech here.

Free speech on a private network?

Isn't that what Cicerone is asking for? I thought this was a thread about free speech on Facebook.

If Facebook has the right to arbitrarily ban people for their opinions, then what is this thread about?
BillRM

Reply Fri 17 May, 2019 06:54 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:

Isn't that what Cicerone is asking for? I thought this was a thread about free speech on Facebook.

If Facebook has the right to arbitrarily ban people for their opinions, then what is this thread about?

While facebook as a private network have every right to ban whoever they wish to ban that does not mean that the users of facebook can not put pressure on them for bans that they disagree with.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 17 May, 2019 06:58 am
@BillRM,
Which is exactly why Cicerone Imposter was banned for posting anti-religious opinions. If Facebook is going to arbitrarily ban people, then people will be arbitrarily banned.

I wish more users would pressure Facebook to NOT ban people.

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 17 May, 2019 08:58 am
@Sturgis,
Quote:
How do you identify the fake ones? On my bans from facebook. I remember being banned early in facebooks life, but don't remember what it was for. I think the moderators are going a bit far on banning people based on our Constitution. I believe they are overzealous, and unnecessary. I guess they have to do something to earn their pay. LOL.
BillRM

Reply Fri 17 May, 2019 04:36 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Quote:
How do you identify the fake ones? On my bans from facebook. I remember being banned early in facebooks life, but don't remember what it was for. I think the moderators are going a bit far on banning people based on our Constitution. I believe they are overzealous, and unnecessary. I guess they have to do something to earn their pay. LOL.

LOL once more our constitution have nothing to do with being ban 0ff a non-government website.

Now with some humor a group of atheists after being told that they was not a religion so could not share the same space as religions in the public square by some court rulings an they then just started the church of Satan.

If people do not care for the actions and rules of facebook there is nothing to stop them from creating a facebook clone with difference rules.

Hell facebook was created in a college dorm room if I remember correctly.

Another note before the internet had reach the point of being widely open to the public people would get on the dial up networks like AOL an people was being kick off aol in great numbers for both valid and non-valid reasons an by people who was not being paid at all except in free time for themselves on the system. There was great crying from the ones being kick off that I could not understand.

If AOL did not wish your money even then there was other dial up systems that one could go to such as CIS and Genie that would be happy to take your dollars.
BillRM

Reply Fri 17 May, 2019 04:38 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Quote:
How do you identify the fake ones?

Footnote they are all fake so picking out the fakes is not all that hard.....LOL
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 17 May, 2019 05:05 pm
@BillRM,
You wrote,
"LOL once more our constitution have nothing to do with being ban 0ff a non-government website."
An alert sign for national constitutional law

Admittedly, both the bills of rights of social media users and Facebook’s terms are in fact undermined by a series of significant shortcomings, if regarded as constitutional mechanisms. Essentially, the bills are not enforceable, and Facebook’s terms are intrinsically biased and undemocratic. Nevertheless, the fact that these texts are evoking the constitutional dimension is indisputable. Especially with regard to the bills of rights of social media users, pointing at a mere marketing strategy could not explain the emergence of these texts. This circumstance allows us to consider the further option that these documents are emerging to compensate a failure of the existing constitutional system. Why should one write a constitution for social media if we already have plenty of these texts at national level?

Towards a multilevel system?
From https://www.hiig.de/en/a-constitution-for-social-media/
Indeed, it is evident that the phenomenon of social media overtakes national boundaries, constantly evolves and creates new threats for our fundamental rights. Is the existing constitutional law able to cope with that? Do we need a specific constitution for the global environment of social media? The answer, in line with jurists’ tradition, is: it depends. In this case, it depends on the strength of existing constitutional law. If this law, which represents the pillar of our society, will be able, once again, to evolve, following the incessant development of technology, the answer is: no, we do not need a constitution for social media. However, there is no doubt that this time the route ahead for constitutional law is rising, and very fast. Therefore, in the meantime one cannot exclude an intermediary solution, a multilevel constitutional mechanism where innovative constitutional instruments flank existing constitutional law.
BillRM

Reply Fri 17 May, 2019 05:22 pm
@cicerone imposter,
So you wish governments to control the internet an set rules for private sites on the net?

Good luck with that attempt as the more such controls are try the larger and more interesting the darknet is becoming.

For those who wish to see what I am talking about for themselves download the software from here https://www.torproject.org and begin browsing the other and larger side of the internet

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 17 May, 2019 05:30 pm
@BillRM,
When did I suggest such? My attempt? From the article: "the answer is: no, we do not need a constitution for social media." My original post was about facebook banning my post that was about "religion and science."
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sat 18 May, 2019 07:28 am
CI has 3 or 4 facebook accounts....which is why some get turned off. I doubt he was banned.
Lash

Reply Sat 18 May, 2019 09:49 am
Once again, disturbing for me and likely Max, I agree with Max.

I used to agitate for as free a level of speech that is legal. Now, I’m not as comfortable with what constitutes incitement, but Alex Jones—to my knowledge—was only crass and cruel, not inciting to violence. What about that Milo guy? He talked about his own youthful sexploits with an older man and it ruined his life because he’s deemed ‘alt right.’

If Facebook and Twitter can decide to pull the plug on these guys, they can arbitrarily pull other plugs, based on ... nothing, really.

And, no, I’m not defending what either of these guys said. I’m just defending their right to say it like I’d hope someone who disagrees with me would defend my right to speak.
BillRM

Reply Sat 18 May, 2019 02:32 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

If Facebook and Twitter can decide to pull the plug on these guys, they can arbitrarily pull other plugs, based on ... nothing, really.

And, no, I’m not defending what either of these guys said. I’m just defending their right to say it like I’d hope someone who disagrees with me would defend my right to speak.

Sorry once more they have the right to speak but not on someone else private network using someone else hardware and software and power for that matter.

It is similar to stating that you have the right to come into my home an read some statement of yours.

Set up your own website if you or anyone else is unhappy with facebook as it is not a government site.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 18 May, 2019 02:41 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
CI has 3 or 4 facebook accounts..
. I had 3-4 facebook accounts? 'jeeesh! I would have banned myself~! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 11:23:39