Changing your name on A2K

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 09:02 am
I picked the name "Watchmaker's guidedog" as a spur of the moment description. It doesn't really mean anything though and lately I've been thinking of changing my name to something more personal.

What do people think of that though as an issue?

I'd planned on putting a note in my sig announcing my new name (so people would see it in all my WGD old posts) and leaving my new sig for a week announcing that I used to be called WGD.

I'm wavering on the issue because I'd rather not confuse anyone but I really would rather a more personal name than WGD.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,254 • Replies: 47
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 09:18 am
I love the name watchmakers guidedog!

But if you're going to change it your plan is a good one.

Bella did it just like that and people weren't confused for long.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 09:22 am
Ahem, what did Bella call herself before?

See ... I'm apparently of o'them folks what is out of the loop ... duh, I just found out recently that blueveinedthrobber is BPB!
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 09:24 am
I'm pretty sure it was "Kristie" before it was "Bella".

I've considered changing my moniker before but I'm afraid I would confuse myself!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 09:27 am
I'd leave well enough alone, guidedog. The name and avatar are already recognized.

Hey, you've had boomerang since the day I joined Abuzz. Now, that would be real confusing. You might not come back so often, either.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 09:28 am
noooo - don't change boomer!

Okay then, what would you like to change your name to? I think you should start a thread and we should all have input into your new name. Okay, wait, I have to remember slappy and kicky and gus are likely to come up with some outrageous ones, bad idea!

watchmakers guidedog, I don't think it wouldn't be problem to change your name although it is helpful when folks put in the sig line or profile if they have AKA's.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 09:39 am
Boomerang was my 20 year old cat that, for years and years, slept atop my computer monitor or in my lap so her name was always easy to remember when I sat down to type.

When she died last year I considered changing it.

There has been a time or two when I've been tempted to ask something but didn't really want "boomerang" out there with the question.

I'll keep my alternate name private just in case I ever need to use it!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 09:52 am
Well, okaaay, but most of us are influenced by the last poster, or author, of a thread before we spend time looking in. Better spruce up the title, if you go stealth on us.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 10:27 am
i've been mulling over changing mine to Rubin Phillips...
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 11:01 am
roger wrote:
Well, okaaay, but most of us are influenced by the last poster, or author, of a thread before we spend time looking in.

Have to agree with roger on that. If a title does not pique my interest, then I may read it anyway depending on who the poster is. I look at both title and poster to see if I want to open it.

I can't imagine you, boomer, wanting to post anything that might shock us that would require you to post under an alias.

I remember years ago someone changing their name (or using another ID) and I reacted to the two monikers differently. I couldn't believe later it was the same person. It seemed that with the AKA, their personality changed (or I perceived that it did).
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 11:17 am
It's not so much that the post would be something shocking or distressing.

You know how in real life people sometimes tell you what they think you want to hear and not really what you need to hear?

It's more like that, only actually a bit worse. I've known so many people on this forum for so many years that they probably understand how I think better than many people in the real world. When you're forced to commit yourself to print you really think about what you have to say.

Plus, there are the "jokers" and "jerks" that you really don't want to expose every area of your life to.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 11:23 am
I was thing of changing my name to Blue Pooh Bear

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/Intrepid2/banana.gif
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 12:12 pm
I know what you mean, boomer. When I first started on Abuzz the anonymity was exhiliarating! Now, in a weird way, I'm not anonymous. Not in the same way, anyway.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 12:22 pm
Yes, soz, exactly!

Being able to step outside yourself, even when it isn't exactly "yourself" is a luxury that long term users forefit.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 12:24 pm
sozobe wrote:
Now, in a weird way, I'm not anonymous.

That's correct: your avatar is to be seen all over the world by now :wink:
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 01:12 pm
(only the members can see avatars, not the googling guests...)
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 01:16 pm
I know, Rubin Phillips, but I even got a postcard with her avatar today (not to speak about the many poster shops where it is been sold).
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 09:08 pm
I was thinking of changing mine to Evan Ellpus....... what do you think?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 09:27 pm
Thanks all the same, your 'evenship.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 09:30 pm
I should go for just plain "Jane" ....much easier.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Changing your name on A2K
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 06/26/2024 at 03:29:49