<deleted>
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,006 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Sanctuary

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 06:42 am
Oooo, eerie! This is the "creepiest" work I've seen from you (though thankfully there's no blood :wink: ). A screaming kind of day Laughing Perfect!

Bon, tres bien!
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 07:21 am
Sanctuary wrote:
A screaming kind of day'''

Bon, tres bien!

That was the toughest part of the image to get just right. Just about gave up on it.

This image was just completed yesterday after a really bad day! It's a bit literal, but that's sometimes how things work out....
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 11:19 am
Reyn, you should experiment with some of the other tools for cutting out shapes. You've got quick mask mode, layer masks, polygonal marquee selection tool, magnetic marquee, color selection mask...I'm just saying this because in all your pictures, the edges always look pretty rough. I hope you're not trying to draw outlines by hand using the default marquee tool...if you are, you might as well just be using MSPaint!
0 Replies

George Jetson

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 03:28 pm
Very amateurish. Yawn.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 05:41 pm
<delete>
0 Replies

Sanctuary

Reply Thu 12 May, 2005 04:54 am
While I can see the constructive criticism (not by George, mind you), I like the way it appears. I think the sometimes-jagged edges (though they truly aren't that bad. You should see our yearbook..honest to God, they ruined it) - it fits well with the style.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 12 May, 2005 05:16 am
Wow!When I saw it it reminded me of the scene in Ghost when Patrick Swayze's character gets stabbed and Demi is holding him as he dies.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 12 May, 2005 07:26 am
<delete>
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 07:07 am
Powerful!
Powerful! My favorite.

Thank you for sharing.

AE
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 09:01 am
Quote:
Don't get me wrong. I don't mind honest criticism, but I think the first lot was overstated. If you look picture by picture, you might see some minor edge problems here and there, but it isn't all the edges, all the time. That's a bit over-the-top, I feel.

And, I am an amateur, so that's not an insult either. Although, I know who "George" is, and they're just trying to be controversial, and I will ignore anything that that person has to say.

Hey Reyn,

I don't think it was an overstatement...I have a hard time focusing on the content of your images because all I can see is "eek...edges.." of course, I notice this sort of thing more than other people because I use Photoshop about every day for the last 10 years Razz
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 05:51 pm
<delete>
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 08:47 pm
Hey Reyn,

I'm also strictly an amateur, I don't use Photoshop as part of my work, just part of my hobbies.

If you're not prepared to take friendly constructive criticism, why are you posting your work here?

You're right, you will never get better if you don't try to learn on your own and then blow off everyone who tries to help.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » .
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 06/24/2024 at 05:33:26