What is this feeling I'm having?

farmerman

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 07:09 pm
Well, I can wash off my beard but youll always be a doosh bag.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 07:10 pm
Aaaw...come over here and give me a kiss, ya big lug...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 07:13 pm
Oh, this is gonna be a camera-worthy moment.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 7 May, 2005 12:04 am
It's not homophobic, you f'n homo.

Homophobic is what..."scared of gays?"" I can understand labelling someone that who grew up in AZ banging their cousin in the back of the RV, idolizing Charles Manson.

To sum up what Farmerman said, guys calling their male friends "gay," and other like terms is just a general insult. You could say, "dude, your shirt is gay," or "stop talkiing like a 'gay'(insert non-pc term here)."

You're starting to sound like an elitist tree hugger(is there such a thing?). Snap out of it, **********.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sat 7 May, 2005 12:24 am
Elitist tree hugger - I know the type. They drive their high powered Volvo up 101 at 55MPH, sucking Starbucks and talking on their Crackberry, pull out their REI gear, and climb up a redwood for their weekend getaway. Tards.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 7 May, 2005 12:52 am
kickycan wrote:
Interesting idea...I was thinking instead that I might join the circle jerk that you, BlueVeinedThrobber and Slappy enjoy every weekend.

Naaah, that would be gay.

perfect...we need a pivot man.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sat 7 May, 2005 05:46 am
I think "gay" is the new "girl". Men used to say "you hit like a girl" or "that's a real girlie shirt you're wearing". Now they insert the word "gay". It's a way of asserting masculinity, but actually reflects fears of vulnerability. On another thread it was discussed how Iraqi men complained their American captors made them feel like women by being forced to perform physical acts with homosexual overtones. Both cultures are freaked out by the idea of homosexuality and see it as a punishment. I think many people have gay friends, but deep down they think "I'm glad that's not me".

Americans are very homophobic and the recent elections proved it with the anti-gay marriage platform of the right. Many people voted just for that issue.
They would rather see an ignoramus in office with his corporate henchmen than have a couple of guys who like to decorate buy the house next to them. We fear homosexuality more than we fear losing our constitutional rights.

And yes Kicky, you are feeling sad. Loss of a buddy can do that to a person.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 7 May, 2005 01:00 pm
Now that's a good witch.

I have no ideas, beyond what has been discussed, as to why men call other men gay as an insult. But, I think of it as a pissing match - something to do with dominance/submission - emmasculation. It's not serious as far as insults go, but it's very pervasive. So, it must speak to some basic cultural thingiebopper.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 7 May, 2005 04:31 pm
Cultural thngieboppers can be very odd, can't they?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 7 May, 2005 05:07 pm
WTF dlowan, In Australia yer guys all make fun of what animal their friends have most recently slept with. Here in US of A , at least we stay within ous species.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 7 May, 2005 11:24 pm
dlowan wrote:
Cultural thngieboppers can be very odd, can't they?

Yes, odd and hard to handle.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 7 May, 2005 11:38 pm
Lord! I NEVER touch them with my bare hands!!!

Were you at least wearing gloves?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 7 May, 2005 11:50 pm
Um.... yeah, yes I was.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 8 May, 2005 02:35 am
Not only was she wearing gloves, but this little get-up as well....

http://www.pnl.gov/microcats/images/!toxicsu.jpg

After the cultural thingiebopper session was over we departed ways, me with a smile on my face and a bounce to my step, littlek with a grim look on her face -- a look that conveyed the completion of a rather sordid task.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 8 May, 2005 03:04 am
American men spend an inordinate time joshing with each other. (Kicky, that means joking so you don't have to look it up. And inordinate means a lot) We laugh at each others shoes, new haircuts and the shirts our wives make us wear. We test eachother's mettle. (Kicky, that means, oh go look it up)

Younger men, that is those under forty, are more likely than those older ones to kid about being gay, although I have been around some pretty tough sumbitchs who laughed about getting smoke blown up their skirts.

It's about being male and being heterosexual, --I can take your kidding about anything, from my having double hung hinges to having to use a pair of tweezers to whip it out, then I can go on my merry, but not gay, way and lay a piece of pipe on my honey that makes her head explode.--- ah. I am me.

oh, and Kicky, what you are feeling is regret that another bastard has escaped and you are still voluntarily sitting in your cell.

Joe(Sometimes "You want a piece of this?" is not a threat.)Nation
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 8 May, 2005 07:07 am
Aaah, thanks Joe. I shoulda known that all along, right? It's these intellectual types...they make me overthink stuff sometimes.

You're right about what I was feeling too. In fact I saw that bastard last night and I told him that, using that same prison analogy in almost the exact same words.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 8 May, 2005 07:22 am
Kicky
Ditch that job and come work at the lobster shop with me. You'd fit right in there ;-)
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 8 May, 2005 07:23 am
We're still holding that pivot position open for ya big guy. I think you're a natural.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 8 May, 2005 07:26 am
Happy to help, you poor schlub.

Joe( not a registered psychoanalysist)Nation
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 8 May, 2005 07:28 am
ooooo. I'm up to 4747 posts, should I buy a lottery ticket?

nevermind 4748 is not the same.

Joe(deep thoughts about digits - a specialty)Nation
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/04/2024 at 11:19:26