What is this feeling I'm having?

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 02:55 pm
Hmmm...my friend who has worked right beside me for the past four or so years just left the building. He starts a new job on Monday, so today was his last day.

Now, for some reason, I'm sitting here working, and my stomach feels a little bit uneasy, everything seems a little more gray and lifeless, my breathing feels a bit heavier, and a strong sense of melancholy has come over me.

I've become such a heartless bastard over the past few years of working here that I'm not sure, but I think...oh my god...could it be that I'm sad? Is this what sadness feels like?

Oh my god, I think I've become a freakin' puss!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,808 • Replies: 45
No top replies

husker

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 02:57 pm
I'm wondering you might have to actually work now??
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 03:07 pm
Work? Me?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Thanks, Husker, I feel a lot better now...
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 03:15 pm
Kickycan, the once and future A2K king, wrote:
Oh my god, I think I've become a freakin' puss!

Becoming?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 03:19 pm
I think you're just constipated, kicky.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 03:23 pm
I was going to say that we all see beyond your hard-nosed facade and know that inside you're mush, nothing but mush, but Eva's comment lends a certain connotation...
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 03:24 pm
Well guys, he finally shows some emotions and you'all
have to make fun of him. If you continue like this, he's
never going to learn....
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 03:25 pm
Kickycan is a little too sensitive for my taste. It's time that boy hardened the ol' carapace.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 04:10 pm
Just blow the guy Kicky....again.

Then you'll feel calm again.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 05:05 pm
Just think positive: maybe the new guy will be really cute.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 05:43 pm
Maybe it'll be donkeyboy and the two of you can work out the finer points of shaving.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 05:48 pm
Interesting idea...I was thinking instead that I might join the circle jerk that you, BlueVeinedThrobber and Slappy enjoy every weekend.

Naaah, that would be gay.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 06:05 pm
In all seriousness, what on EARTH is it that evokes this "you're gay" stuff from you guys?

It seems to be a sort of Americas theme thingy.

I may well be sociologically wrong (and some of the OZ men may correct me) but I honestly do not recall having witnessed this stuff amongst Oz men at play.

Well, mebbe it is around now, "gay" having become one of those dumb pejoratives.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 06:22 pm
You're right, dlowan. Why did I let myself get sucked into that idiotic crap.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 06:24 pm
I'm disappointed in you Kicky. Coming down to our sophmoric level, you not only hurt yourself, but me.

I need some healing. Get over here with that sweet gay ass of yours.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 06:39 pm
kickycan wrote:
You're right, dlowan. Why did I let myself get sucked into that idiotic crap.

Lol! No - I am serious.

What is it about?

I am so not gonna rest content with the stereotypical "you're all so insecure in your masculinity".
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 06:42 pm
Okay, dlowan, I'm going to think about this and get back to you, because right now I can't think of any answer other than the fact that America is incredibly homophobic.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 06:46 pm
So is Oz, I think. I mean, I doubt we are any less homophobic in our redder-necked folk than you guys.

It is just really striking that some of you guys do this pretty obsessively - the first time I had ever heard streams of this stuff was when I was talking quite often to a male friend in South America.

I am really not criticising, especially - it just seems so odd.

I have male friends who really flirt with gay male friends - but not in the way you guys do.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 06:58 pm
NAAAH, "gay" sez it all.
Like when a guy comes into a room smelling of some really loud cologne--thats gay

When a guy dresses like Truman Capote ----thats gay

Sandals----really gay

Dont even talk to me about guys with tats on their ankles----off the gaymeter

we have words like "my gaydar detects this man as a wrangler"

Hell the British have institutionalized it and nobody calls it to their attention. (cf 1972, M. Pyhton "Ministry of Silly Walks")

I think that, quite the contrary, men most comfortable in their own sexuality can play gay roles and have gay friends and feel nothing like a homophobiac.

Kickys just a doosh bag
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 07:04 pm
Farmerman, you might want to wipe my semen off your beard before you speak in public like that.

See, dlowan? It's just that it's easy!

I wonder if Oz guys really don't do this as much. Could it be that in Oz, gays don't have large contingencies of organized activists that get what some perceive to be way too much time and attention from the media? In other words, it's a backlash thing?

Or maybe it's simply that other countries are just as homophobic, but Americans are just more vocal about EVERYTHING? We have opinions about everything, and there are less things that are taboo to talk about. Yeah, that could be it. We are more free with our speech, whether it be racist, bigoted, or homophobic.

Hmmm...
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What is this feeling I'm having?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/04/2024 at 09:21:29