problem with overdraft fees

Variola

Reply Fri 3 May, 2019 11:18 am
I got a really big problem with my bank (Wells Fargo). I accidentally put a wrong check into my account, but I didn't know so I was spending money like usually. The next day they put this money back (because of course it was a wrong check). I totally get that, but because of that I came into the negative. At the same day I went to the bank and gave them the right check, so I was in the positive again. Now a couple of days ago I got overdraft fees around 150$ and I was in the negative again. So I went there back again and they told I will get that fees back. Now that still didn't happen. Their system is showing up that I got this money back. But the really weird thing is, that it doesn't match with the money I had and spend and also not what I can see in my mobile bank account. They told they can't do anything, because the computer is showing it up like that. Is there still a chance to get that money back?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 674 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Ponderer

Reply Fri 3 May, 2019 11:30 am
@Variola,
One thing that really sets me off is when humans act like they have no control over what their computer says. Or does.
Talk to the manager. Tell him or her that you want them to explain to you line by line, day by day, transaction by transaction how they arrived at the balance they show. (If it does not match what you think it should be and what someone at the bank told you it should be)
And don't let them try to confuse you with a bunch of bank words. If you don't understand something, tell them.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 3 May, 2019 11:42 am
@Variola,
Ask for a statement, check the transactions next to your receipts. There'll be one or more transactions you need to challenge.
0 Replies